What Frame Have I Bought ?

heavyp

You heard it here first
Cashconverters is a gold mine in my eyes, so im always in there looking at what some unfortunate bugger has had to hock.

I came across a BMX in there a few months ago and thought it would fly out the door but to my surprise it didnt so with some money in my sky rocket i took advantage and bought it, i stripped it as im going to get it sand blasted and re-stickered to put some life back in the old dog.

Ive searched the net to no avail to find out what the frame brand is, ive taken pics of the parts what vary on different bikes so you can help me if possible: Can any of you guys help ?

heavyp

You heard it here first
DK maybe???
Ive searched all the major companies, even looking at some of the archives, its not that old its light and has spanish fly bb on it, also the compnents it had on it are all top notch so was hoping the frame was too. Just wish i knew what it was so i could get a sticker kit, my friend said it could be a federal ?

steve r

Likes Dirt
thats a fly frame, you can tell by the bb area where the tubes meet, youve got a great frame there. check for engraving on it to be sure,

heavyp

You heard it here first
thats a fly frame, you can tell by the bb area where the tubes meet, youve got a great frame there. check for engraving on it to be sure,
Sweet thanks guys, the dodgy triple layer spray job its had on it is hiding any engravings, yeah the bottom bracket is what has/had me puzzled, as you can see on the last photo the the bottom bracket has been welded through the tubes rather then just have a bb shell and weld the chainstays and downtube to that

heavyp

You heard it here first
Nah thats why i was so surprised, it was tatty as shit and no stickers and so much shit on the hubs and stuff that, must have been some dude who got into the drugs and took a cheap hit on it haha,

Sunday Forks, Gsport rib cage rims on colony hubs, s&m bars, wethepeople cranks, macneil seat and post, maxxis tyres, Odyssey stem

250 notes.

Stripped it ready to go to the sand blasters this week, have a mate whos a car sparyer new paint, new sticker kits and nice new service for new headset seat clamp and nuts and bolts.

Look out buy sell forum profit ?

Arete

Likes Dirt
I refuse to buy anything from crime converters because every bike I've had stolen, and every one else I know who's had a bike stolen has found it in a cash c*nts store. Willing to bet, if it's a good bike, it's stolen.

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Cashconverters is a gold mine in my eyes, so im always in there looking at what some unfortunate bugger has had to hock.
Painted black bike bought from Cashconverters.....
Not suss at all.
I remember i was in a CC a few months ago and saw a purple roady/coommuter.

on closer inspection it was a carbon fibre frame with a poor paint job... that place should not be aloud to sell bikes,

heavyp

You heard it here first
Painted black bike bought from Cashconverters.....
Not suss at all.
I remember i was in a CC a few months ago and saw a purple roady/coommuter.

on closer inspection it was a carbon fibre frame with a poor paint job... that place should not be aloud to sell bikes,
At the end of the day as i said it sat there for months, enough time for some poor bastard to of reported it to the police and cashys and that they take a copy of your ID when you sell something to them and it goes into computers and stuff to make sure there not buying to dodgy a deal.

The only thing sprayed a horrible black was the frame and it had shit stickers all over it, Gsport rims sunday forks bars still all stickers up to original spec.

I got a good deal, pay cash there and then and you'll grab a bargin.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Ps: It has no brake bosses at all ?
How long is the top tube on it?
I had a Pantera 2 that I sold to a guy from Qld who posted on here.
It had a matte black paint job and I had removed the brake mounts.

The only thing that looks slightly different on it is that I had also filed out the drop outs a little, and I didn't do a very good job of it, whereas the drop outs on this don't look like they've been touched.

heavyp

You heard it here first
How long is the top tube on it?
I had a Pantera 2 that I sold to a guy from Qld who posted on here.
It had a matte black paint job and I had removed the brake mounts.

The only thing that looks slightly different on it is that I had also filed out the drop outs a little, and I didn't do a very good job of it, whereas the drop outs on this don't look like they've been touched.
Right lads this one has me stumped, thanks to all you guys telling me what frame it is i have on my hands.

Problem is i got it back from the sand blasters today and there are no brake bosses at all like its just a nice clean tube does this sound right for this model ?

Pics later tonight