What frame to buy

mint355

Likes Dirt
Hi guys back in 2006 i bought a avanti bike it is a pig to ride!!!
battled with it for 2 years and finally bought a Cannondale Rush AM it is awesome to ride.I want to buy a new frame for the avanti that a little easier to ride also i can bomb the local downhills on without breaking my Cannondale/lefty thanks guys.

Last edited:

0psi

Eats Squid
Personally I'd suck it up and get a proper burley AM rig like a Giant Reign. From memory your Norco runs a funny 150mm bolt up rear axle which pretty much no-one does anymore so you could be in for a bit more than just a new frame. If I were you I'd sell that as a complete, save a bit of money and grab a Reign. You can pick up an older Reign for reasonable cheap and it will do the trick quite nicely, it'll bomb the DH and you can still ride it around.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Pivot whatever.
Specialized Pitch.
Reign.
Orange if you want the no bullshit hardtail sort of responsiveness.
Brooklyn SR6
Mongoose ?

mint355

Likes Dirt
What's your budget? New or 2nd hand?
Probably about $500 as its just a frame that I'll use 1-2 a week. When i feel like getting aggressive. I dont want to break my Big $ cannondale.

Thanks for all the reply's guys very helpful.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Nah man i want a dual suspension freeride bike obviously second hand with my price range i have pretty well done a deal with a guy on here with a 2007 Kona Coiler which everythinh will bolt straight up to except the front derailer

mint355

Likes Dirt
Nah man i want a dual suspension freeride bike obviously second hand with my price range i have pretty well done a deal with a guy on here with a 2007 Kona Coiler which everythinh will bolt straight up to except the front derailer
This is what i ended up with 2 hours later i had a stripped norco and a built kona
it seems ok

castlo

Likes Dirt
Looks mint man, the drop off IV's will go well it had drop off's originally so they'll work well :) have fun man