What happened to my scooter post?

digbyj

Scooteria
Hi,
I posted in off topic discussion about scooters. Someone responded with some useful information but now the post has disappeared.
Does anyone know what happened?
Thanks

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
How are your ulnar nerves going, BTW?
Now, where did I just put my glasses?
Like a fucking elephant

I've just ordered some vibrocore bars because the nerves are not up to the task when it comes to longer descents like cascades. Beeb swears by them, I guess I'll find out soon enough how much help a $150 handlebar is.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've just ordered some vibrocore bars because the nerves are not up to the task when it comes to longer descents like cascades. Beeb swears by them, I guess I'll find out soon enough how much help a $150 handlebar is.
Hope they alleviate some of the problem for you Plank. It's not like you suddenly have this riding on a cloud sensation, they're still an alloy bar - but the harsh buzz over chatter is mostly eliminated (IMO).

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hope they alleviate some of the problem for you Plank. It's not like you suddenly have this riding on a cloud sensation, they're still an alloy bar - but the harsh buzz over chatter is mostly eliminated (IMO).
It's worth a shot. If nothing else, they'll look all shiny and new

I think half the problem is covering the brakes while descending, but I'll be farked if I'm letting go of the coward levers

moorey

call me Mia
Felix has a set on the new bike.....but seeing they went on the same time as the new lyrik ultimate 2.1’s, his fawning over the smoothness of the new bike is impossible to credit to any one thing. @Boom King also swears by them. I plan my next set to be some, as I also suffer a bit more in my older age.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Like a fucking elephant

I’ve some carbon bars you can try otherwise

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Does the bar diameter matter? Like 31.8 vs 35 -all my bikes are 35 now and was thinking of trying some too
35mm bars are typically a little stiffer (or a lot, depending on the bars...).

It still makes me laugh that "the industry" told us we need 35mm bars because more stiffness, but then spend all their time trying to engineer 35mm bars that ride more like decently compliant 31.8mm. Simple fact is, moto looks sell more bikes than components that actually work well.

It all feels very "Handlebar Boost 35x800 because 11.5% more stiffness and 3.3 grams weight savings!" to me.

Sigh - I'm not old enough to be this jaded (and I'm just going to keep telling myself that... lol)

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I love a thread de-rail and hijack as much as the next person ;)
what were those fancy $100 grips that peeps were running a year or two ago, would they make a difference too?
edit: Revgrips!