What happens if australia post lose your parcel

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
I bought some wheels that were packaged up & sent Tuesday last week.

They were posted in box hill to send to Buninyong.

According to Australia post they made it to Dandenong mail centre but can't track it from there.

It was sent parcel post.

The guy who posted is filling out a missing parcel form, had to wait 7 business days before we could lodge that.

My question is, what happens if Australia post have lost it? Do they just refund the postage or are they responsible to reimburse the cost of the wheels?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
They pass the buck for a couple of weeks, offer you a book of stamps, and you come on here to cry like the rest of us. 12 months later an no joy for an XO derailleur they lost....

mitchy_

Llama calmer
is this not what insurance is for?

cost me $4.50 to insure a parcel for $300 that i sent today...

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
fingers crossed then.

I now got the receipt no insurance. He got a bike shop to package it up who were supposed to courier it but sent it austpost instead.

Last time I do direct deposit!

moorey

call me Mia
I bought some wheels that were packaged up & sent Tuesday last week.

They were posted in box hill to send to Buninyong.

According to Australia post they made it to Dandenong mail centre but can't track it from there.

It was sent parcel post.

The guy who posted is filling out a missing parcel form, had to wait 7 business days before we could lodge that.

My question is, what happens if Australia post have lost it? Do they just refund the postage or are they responsible to reimburse the cost of the wheels?
Fiddy bucks compensation... If you spend 4 hours on the phone. And then go through an even longer prices.
Been there. No insurance, no love.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
You'll spend hours on the phone with some prick who will try and get you to admit it's your fault or the senders fault or anyone's fault but their own.
Then they will offer to do exactly zero to help you.
Computer says no.

moorey

call me Mia
Ps. They didn't lose it, they flogged it.
When I post forks, I use a fork box, but inside out, and deliberately odd shaped. A box labeled rock shox or fox is just begging a pilfering.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Fiddy bucks compensation... If you spend 4 hours on the phone. And then go through an even longer prices.
Been there. No insurance, no love.
You are spot on. Just read australia post's terms & conditions its $50 or the cost of the item whichever is the lower. Plus postage.

But even then there is a clause they can use that basically means they have no liability unless you pay seperately for insurance.

I bet some australia post employee is riding around on my new wheels.

moorey

call me Mia
You'll spend hours on the phone with some prick who will try and get you to admit it's your fault or the senders fault or anyone's fault but their own.
Then they will offer to do exactly zero to help you.
Computer says no.
In my case (xt brakes), they admitted full fault and responsibility....have fun.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I find it really hard to accept how you can pay them for a service and they do not deliver on that service and you lose out financially due to their failure to fulfill a contractual agreement.

No private service provider could get away with that...., I think.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
I find it really hard to accept how you can pay them for a service and they do not deliver on that service and you lose out financially due to their failure to fulfill a contractual agreement.

No private service provider could get away with that...., I think.
My thought exactly. But it looks like they have their own Act they operate under that excludes from normal consumer law, the pricks.

Don't think even a courier company could argue the same.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
When does an item you've bought actually become yours, though? If the seller posts an item, I would have thought it is theirs until the buyer receives it. If you buy from an online store, they will usually refund or replace after a certain time lost.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
When does an item you've bought actually become yours, though? If the seller posts an item, I would have thought it is theirs until the buyer receives it. If you buy from an online store, they will usually refund or replace after a certain time lost.
But I've bought privately & paid by direct deposit so me thinks I'm done on that one.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I just don't get that. You have a contract with them to do something and they break contract.

Guess I'd have to check the contract itself but it really seems like something that doesn't add up to "fair trading".

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
You'd think so, but if you don't insure then even couriers will tell you to go F yourself. Insurance is cheap, get it!
Too late for me. Deal was done incl. postage.

Courier could argue it but at end of the day they'd be liable.

Australia post has law for themselves & insurance is a scam and a tort by them. Looks cheap because their postage is so expensive.

end rant, you're right get insurance, I didn't know it was required or available. Looks cheap now.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had some stuff go missing in the post last year, over 3-months a few things didn't show including a n/w ring purchased from here but more importantly some dive gear I bought last minute before a week long dive trip failed to show and I was ready to kill. When the dive gear didn't show I fronted the delivery contractor as it was showing a delivery receipt that didn't stack up. He cracked easier than a Taliban informant and admitted not delivering stuff and falsifying docs. After speaking with the cops within a week I had the dive gear back, but no f_ing n/w ring to be found, so that burner is in my black book.