What happens when your wheel falls out...

pavey

Likes Dirt
My mate just built up his new Last Raffnix today, to which he put in his MTX to QR Ringle hub. We got to the trails that arvo, and on his 2nd run of the pack, the back wheel fell out of the dropouts on landing, and, well heres the final result!!!

Anyone else got mangled disk pics? :p

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just bend it back with a shifter, she'll be right mate ;)

Haha that's pretty awesome, maybe next time he'll do his wheel up.

Cippa

Likes Dirt
oh fark! thats what dan ment when he stuffed up his bike again...
only a mangled disc yea? the rest of the bikes all good i hope!!!

dcrofty

Eats Squid
maybe shut the fuck up and think for a sec and maybe he had his wheel done up? why would he jump it with it being undone?
Easy tiger, not such a silly assumption given the result.

and if it was done up how did it come off then?

I had a mate who's back wheel on his norco fell off while he was riding over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. He managed to grind/tear the rear dropouts off and had to buy a new frame.

KA0S

Likes Dirt
lol, about 10 years ago I was working on the front end of my bmx, i got down to just tightening up the front bolts on the wheel. I then had mum and dad screaming at me to come up stairs and have tea. I didn't end up working on the bike till 2 weeks later and I forgot that I didn't tighten up the front wheel, got down the road to the jumps, went over a jump and saw my front wheel roll away, forks dug in the ground and I went over the handle bars, wish I had it on video :p

slamer

Likes Dirt
Enter the disc in a modern art comp and you might win something:D. Did anything else happen to the guy and his bike?

SHRED06

Likes Dirt
either put it in a vice or buy a new one :D lol i bent my 9 inche hayes disc on the front once.. just bent it back by hand and gave it a smack with a rubber mallet and shes all good :p

pavey

Likes Dirt
Yeah his bikes fine other than that.
Yeah they are easy to true, when they've got a wobble. Not a V shapped bend :p
But its still not stopping one of my mates trying to fix it, so we'll see how it goes

DJman

Likes Dirt
Calm down.
Why would it fall out if it was done up properly?
itwould fall off if it wasnt done up properly due to a savage case as da has said and he is running QR on horizontal dropouts and as u may know that is a big no,no even ask your local bowden

Yeah his bikes fine other than that.
Yeah they are easy to true, when they've got a wobble. Not a V shapped bend :p
But its still not stopping one of my mates trying to fix it, so we'll see how it goes
fixing it today boys, if my magical ways dont work then we'll bring out the 20 ton press (although the presure on it is adjustable)

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate just built up his new Last Raffnix today, to which he put in his MTX to QR Ringle hub. We got to the trails that arvo, and on his 2nd run of the pack, the back wheel fell out of the dropouts on landing, and, well heres the final result!!!

Anyone else got mangled disk pics? :p
haha nice photo. hey i think you might need a new disc!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ha thats classic!
any ideas of how it came off?
i'm hoping its single speed because that would of destroyed a derailer on impact.
post up some pics of a finished product if he trys to bend it back :D

salt_n_pepper

Likes Bikes
lol that sucks..

i really hope that frame is ok :eek:

theyre sweet.

hopefully you just need a new disc and nothing else is damaged:)