what hydros dh

spam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey, dh race bike is what i ride, dont what somehting at all snappy, under $400, i have my ways of getting them cheap, 8'' front is good rear doesnt realy matter, what brake may you suggest then.....
i like a nice lever feel, but after my bmx brake i cannot switch between my juicies and v brake
cheers
sam

you cant go wronge with shimano's, even if they are just LX, they work awesome. Then there are the Hayes Mags, there pretty nice brakes, very nice progressive lever feel.

If you go hayes, get the mags, not the hfx-9, they are shocking...

spam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
really... honestly... im not going to bite...too late...
seriously there not too bad now, they feel perfect coming from v-brake just they brake from minimal abuse, the carbons last but most of the crutial hardware dies, but thats the feel im looking for
except maybe some better lever feel

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
seriously there not too bad now, they feel perfect coming from v-brake just they brake from minimal abuse, the carbons last but most of the crutial hardware dies, but thats the feel im looking for
except maybe some better lever feel
hmm carbon levers, aarryn hit his shattered at barjarg when he crashed into the dirt, so now hes got the normal levers, ive just yet to have good luck with a set of hayes personally, tis why im going back to shimano xt's. and for $400 you can pick alot better braking system than the hayes 9's...

but if you want cheap hayes ive got a set sitting there.

spam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh nines always break, i'm not saying i want hayes i'm saying i want a brake with that braking feel and less snappy but a modulating feel, hard to make sense out of it........
hope m4's would be sick but i dont have the wallet for that