What I built my wife, and does she care?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
For those of you wondering about the hold up on the one Pole to rule them all. Well I wasn't kidding, I really do have a wife and she had a birthday and I made the classic Homer Simpson bowling ball present.

Frame - Pivot 429 alloy small
Rear shock - Fox rp23
Front shock/fork - Fox32 rl
Handlebars - Titec Ringleader
Stem - Raceface Deus
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - Jetblack
Saddle - Selle SMP Hybrid
Seatpost - Brand X Ascend
Front brake - XT m785
Rear brake - XT m785
Cranks - Racface Aefect 170mm
Chainguide -
Chain - Kmc x10
Pedals - Time MX4
Front derailleur - XT
Rear derailleur - XT
Front shifter - XT
Rear shifter - XT
Cassette - XT
Front hub - Hope
Pro2 Evo
Rear hub - Hope
Pro2 Evo
Front rim - Stans Arch
Rear rim - Stans Arch
Spokes - DT
Nipples - DT
Tyres - f: Schwalbe Racing Ralph r: S works Fast track
Tubes -
Total weight - ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Didn't you read the bit about it being a small. I'm lucky it didn't fold under the weight of my stare.
............... jump bikes ARE smaller than your average. Also, being smaller would mean less leverage on all the joins and pivots, making for a stronger frame.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
............... jump bikes ARE smaller than your average. Also, being smaller would mean less leverage on all the joins and pivots, making for a stronger frame.
This would be way beyond jump bike, more like monkey bike.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
This would be way beyond jump bike, more like monkey bike.

Thats why I requested the photo. You’ve strung out the pole build long enough, give us something thats not rippin on zaf for throwin around money like its goin out of fashion

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaf

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Thanks for sharing mate. Looks like I got the 10th anniversary (tin/alu) present sorted. 11 year anniversary is steel!

PJO

in me vL comy
If she doesn't appreciate it, can I be your wife, I'll cut off my legs mid-shin to fit on the bike.
Must warn you though, I don't look pretty in a dress, probably look better with legs cut off...

Calvin27

Eats Squid
If she doesn't appreciate it, can I be your wife, I'll cut off my legs mid-shin to fit on the bike.
Must warn you though, I don't look pretty in a dress, probably look better with legs cut off...
Nah mate according to womens specific geometry, you'd need to take one or two spine discs out. On a separate note what anniversary year is carbon?

Reactions: PJO

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Nah mate according to womens specific geometry, you'd need to take one or two spine discs out. On a separate note what anniversary year is carbon?
Think it falls under diamond, which is 60 according to a quick search!