What I learnt whilst watching Burkes Backyard

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, so everybody thinks goldfish have 5-7 second memories eh? Well while watching Burke in his backyard on friday night before going out, he said it was a load of crap!

There is actually a guy who trained goldfish to find food in a maze. They learnt how to navigate their way through the maze, and everytime they started the maze again they found it again. So gold fish can remember? Not when he added alcohol to the water. When they did the maze again with the alcohol in the water, they forgot how to find the food! figures...fish get drunk! duh

Anyway, this guy tries the experiment again, this time training the goldfish to navigate their way through a maze to find the food, in alcoholic water! The fish learn how to find the food, but when they were put into non-alcholic water they forgot how to find the food again! hahaha. When he put them back into alcoholic water they instantly remembered, hahahah.

So, relying on this excellent study, I propose this:

1. School kids (right from year one) should be drunk whilst learning. That way when they grow up, and go out to parties/clubs/whatever, when there drunk they can remember how to get home!

2. No more beer for fish

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahah! I propose that we get JOSH drunk, Put him in a maze and see if HE can find his BIKE! :p :)

That also explains how when you get drunk you remember all the dumb shit you've done when you're drunk, but when you sober the worst is blocked out.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After thinking about a question that often gets asked: "if you could be an animal, what would you be", I think id now have to say a GOLDFISH!

Get drunk, swim and eat food all day long...

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as long as none of you get your dirty mits on the video that was made on friday night I will retain my dignity.....:lol:

Tasha

Likes Bikes
Ty and I actually proved to ourselves that fish have long term memories...
Everytime we fed them, we tapped to the fish food, and by 2 weeks they would automactially come to the top to look for food if we tapped the container.
But to stop themselves from going pycho and bored, we think they do have 3 second "short term" memories. this is to swim round the bowl and go, wow never seen that before...

grovesy

Likes Dirt
Tasha said:
Ty and I actually proved to ourselves that fish have long term memories...
Everytime we fed them, we tapped to the fish food, and by 2 weeks they would automactially come to the top to look for food if we tapped the container.
But to stop themselves from going pycho and bored, we think they do have 3 second "short term" memories. this is to swim round the bowl and go, wow never seen that before...
That sounds like the basis for a political debate!!

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no, one of my troubled mates thought taking a video camera and camera to a party would be funny :lol:

bazza

look at me
wasted

herm well if that is the case then i am going to need more booze for studyyy time. only problem is the going to seleep part.