what is the ideal freecoaster? (searched but couldn't find straight answers)

xero

Supersports
The Geisha Lite can run either 10mm or 14mm (comes with both)
Regarding the clutch, the full cr-mo one was designed for street riding in mind, and would be a touch stronger.
Having said that, I have not seen any issues with the alloy/ cr-mo clutch either.

KHE have basically decided to just keep it now to one Geisha rather than offering 2 different types. Most street riders moved to the Reverse. I personally have always ran the Geisha Street.

Plus there is a new coaster on the way too.

moosegoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
why did most riders go to the reverse? i thought the axle wasn't as good and put too much pressure on the bearings?

and the geisha lite would be fine for street and park wouldn't it?

whats the new one on the way and is it worth waiting for? would it happen to be the one with adjustable slack via an allen key?

Last edited:

xero

Supersports
why did most riders go to the reverse? i thought the axle wasn't as good and put too much pressure on the bearings?

and the geisha lite would be fine for street and park wouldn't it?

whats the new one on the way and is it worth waiting for? would it happen to be the one with adjustable slack via an allen key?
Basically because of the single piece axel. Its not really the fact of extra pressure.... Each to his own.... I know plenty of guys running the Reverse without any issuses, same can be said of the Geisha Street.
The thing with freecoasters is that you need to change your riding style... you have to learn to flow a lot more, not load the hub up as much.

The new coaster is the Astern.... externally adj gap via an allen key through the axel.
They are still in testing and are expected to be a little more expensive.

I have not yet ridden a Geisha -Lite, But I expect that if the guys at KHE have realeased them for both street and flat they should be up to the task.
We wont see stock of the Lite until late April/May.

moosegoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no worries. i saw it on danscomp.

i like the sound of that astern but it will be a while till its available if their still testing wont it?

i can't decide now if i want freecoaster or not.

i'm gonna get the geisha lite.

thanks for your help.

Last edited:

technoboy

Dirty Imports
Was just about to ask the same thing.

If the engagement set is very small does that mean you can pedal/brake to turn around? Such as a normal fakie?
probably not cause it would disengage as soon as you back pedal...
adjustable slack with out taking you wheel off sounds the goods.
p.s tuff neck rolla coaster sucks ass mine blew up on the weekend..

xero

Supersports
We have not seen the Astern yet, but from what I am told, you can adjust the gap pretty much down to nothing.

The idea is that guys can learn to ride a coaster properly and gradually increase the gap as the skill level increases, plus if you want to hit up the DJ's or skate parks or ramps just screw it up and set your gap to suit your style and what you are riding.... ( coasters in vert ramps freak me out a bit, but this may fix that)

This will be a big plus if you have never ridden one before too.

I'll throw up a pic when we get them.

moosegoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im just going for the geisha lite and the biggest gap possible. can't wait. got my frame and forks today just waiting to sell my mtb to buy the rest of the parts.

soooooooo excited!