What is the most important event you have skipped to go for a ride?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So this thread: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?210921-Scott-24hr-VS-a-21st where somebody was tossing up skipping a close friends 21st b'day to go for a ride got me thinking... what is the biggest/most important/most significant event people have skipped in order to go for a ride.

Although having nothing particularly exciting to offer I'll start:

I've skipped 3 birthday parties (1*18th 2*19th), a couple of days of work, and a skiing trip in order to go for a ride

How about everyone else?

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Many, many anniversaries and partner's birthdays. But I use the excuse of 'I'll just duck out for an early ride, let you have a sleep in love'.

Actually, I use that excuse every weekend.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Many, many anniversaries and partner's birthdays. But I use the excuse of 'I'll just duck out for an early ride, let you have a sleep in love'.

Actually, I use that excuse every weekend.
I don't drink the night before I ride so i've missed many parties but nothing significant. yet....

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
water polo grand final :D

Just got sick of fighting over balls with 20 odd other half naked guys I spose.

Warwick

Likes Dirt
I went for a night ride, 15 hours after my baby was born. Baby and her were in hospital... I was at home alone.... no-one knew!
No harm done.

crampy

Likes Bikes
I didn't miss the whole thing but stepped out half way through a bucks weekend to race in a 25k marathon.

Best result I've ever had.

Must a been or the bundy and cokes. :D

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
I don't drink the night before I ride so i've missed many parties but nothing significant. yet....
yeah same - I stay home so many Friday and Saturday nights because of a big ride planned for the next day. Really sucks when you wake up and it's pissing down with rain - you missed the party and now you miss the ride too!

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Family planning a bit of a party for father`s day. I`m signing up for the Golden Triangle Epic in Bendigo. Sounds like a brilliant way to spend fathers day. The party can wait until i`ve finished.

metrics

Likes Bikes
My uncle's wedding for the highland fling. Did the 112km, got changed, drove to the wedding and made it in time for speeches :D.

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
a mate of mine skipped his qcs tests (the ones u have to do to get an op score and to get into uni) to come down to the world champs down in Canberra with me.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
A number of years ago, I skipped my Darling Wife's first mothers day after our first child was born to go racing. D.W. was completely unimpressed by the racket the night before as my mate and I 'prepared' with a few ales. She apparently rang her mum and burst into tears over me pissing off and my gift. Who would of thought there was a level of symbolism in the gift of a doormat. I just saw the funny picture screen printed on it; she saw it as a symbol of my regard for her,"You think of me as a doormat!"
Still, I had a good time at the race, placed well and D.W. and I went on to have a couple more kids. I did the race on Mothers Day a few more times as well.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Before anyone else feels the need to point it out; yes I am thoughtless and self involved, I know and I'm OK with that.