What!...no Jubberland 6hr enduro!

fatarseracing

Likes Bikes
no Jubberland at Castlemaine this year!...but it was the only REAL mountain bike enduro track left in the state!... you know the one that actually took some skill to negotiate with tight rocky switchbacks and short steep rocky drops...did i mention rocks...and more rocks....and you couldn't run thaose maxxis 335 gram tyres,they wouldn't last 10 meters. I just hope the new track in the State forest isn't one of those new fangdangled 'McDonalds'tracks thats........wait for it........really fast and flowing on a 29er !!!!!:yell::rant::rant::rant::rant::censored:

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
If its the new loop I rode a few weeks ago it should be a great track, still a few rocks around

A shame to not be out riding at jubberland, you've still got beechworth which lives up to a proper course. Just not part of the series.

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
no Jubberland at Castlemaine this year!...but it was the only REAL mountain bike enduro track left in the state!... you know the one that actually took some skill to negotiate with tight rocky switchbacks and short steep rocky drops...did i mention rocks...and more rocks....and you couldn't run thaose maxxis 335 gram tyres,they wouldn't last 10 meters. I just hope the new track in the State forest isn't one of those new fangdangled 'McDonalds'tracks thats........wait for it........really fast and flowing on a 29er !!!!!:yell::rant::rant::rant::rant::censored:
This year's Castlemaine 6 Hour will be held in the Walmer State Forest which is 5 minutes from town.

We know that people love Jubberland because of how technical it is. We also know that if we dished up a wussy alternate to Jubberland, that doesn't share similar technical qualities, we'd be set upon by an angry lycra-clad lynch mob.

The track will have rocks. LOTS. OF. ROCKS! It's Castlemaine remember!
The track will gleefully kill Racing Ralphs or any other thin-walled race tyre.
The track has many grin-inducing decents that feel much longer than the frown-inducing ascents. Actually the ascents are pretty cool too.
The track will test you physically, mentally and technically but it's not hard for the sake of it. We' think we've got a good balance.

We think it's going to be a great day and that you'll go home stuffed, sore but well satisfied.

We'll start promoting the event officially with more info soon. If you've got any questions ask here or shoot and email to info@rockyriders.com

fatarseracing

Likes Bikes
this year's castlemaine 6 hour will be held in the walmer state forest which is 5 minutes from town.

We know that people love jubberland because of how technical it is. We also know that if we dished up a wussy alternate to jubberland, that doesn't share similar technical qualities, we'd be set upon by an angry lycra-clad lynch mob.

The track will have rocks. Lots. Of. Rocks! It's castlemaine remember!
The track will gleefully kill racing ralphs or any other thin-walled race tyre.
The track has many grin-inducing decents that feel much longer than the frown-inducing ascents. Actually the ascents are pretty cool too.
The track will test you physically, mentally and technically but it's not hard for the sake of it. We' think we've got a good balance.

We think it's going to be a great day and that you'll go home stuffed, sore but well satisfied.

We'll start promoting the event officially with more info soon. If you've got any questions ask here or shoot and email to info@rockyriders.com
pheeeeeew!

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Had to have a giggle the other night.
WIN news was showing file footage of the A line from last years Castlemaine 6hr to promote today`s VES round at Blores Hill.
Cheers
MH

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
It's not the course the I'll always remember about Castlemain... rather it's the event organisation and the detail given to "apres" activities.

Those guys set the new standard in what a 6 hour mtb event should be like... I'm still trying to match them.

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Had to have a giggle the other night.
WIN news was showing file footage of the A line from last years Castlemaine 6hr to promote today`s VES round at Blores Hill.
Cheers
MH
They had no footage of our rocks so had to use yours, which are nicer looking rocks anyway with those nice gold bits! :smile:
Hopefully the news tonight showed our rocks...