What pads do YOU use for DH?

bazza

look at me
yeah i use the azonic ones they go from top of knee right down to my shoes. they dont slide down because they are sitting on my shoe. but yeah they are good saved me MANY times. but i would of rather baught the dainese ones. BUY THE DAINESE they are the best for quality and what not.

bazza

look at me
yeah i use the azonic ones they go from top of knee right down to my shoes. they dont slide down because they are sitting on my shoe. but yeah they are good saved me MANY times. but i would of rather baught the dainese ones. BUY THE DAINESE they are the best for quality and what not. the fox robocop things are wayyy to small and you would still smashhhh your shins. dont buy anything that dont give out at least 3/4 shin protection or esle you will regret it!!!!!

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I use either a k-mart TSG copy with the caps removed or a set of Azonic knee shins(that only cover half your shin).

trobb

Likes Dirt
mtbdh_girl said:
i've got armadillo knee/shins. They work really well, kind of like a second skin- they dont' get in the way on or off the bike...

ive never tried anything else for riding though so...

armadillos dont give heaps of bruise protection but you don't end up with ripped legs either...

And yeah- I do tend to fall heaps! :D
Neither, how cool is it. I thought my suit would limit my riding but it doesn't

duncan^kona

Likes Dirt
i got fox 911's, just got them not long ago so they havent warn in yet and keep mving around :evil: pisses me off, i gotta fixz them every 5 mins

wombat

Lives in a hole
If you're considering the 911s, I'd advise you to go with the 661 comp or race pads. I haven't tried the race pads, but they appear to be a less bulky version of the comp pad. I know though that the comps are way more secure than the 911 pads, and better value (not suprising, 911s are fox after all....). As for the Raptor's, they seem like a good thing, but they are a moto guard and as such they don't offer full shin coverage, that's my biggest gripe with them.

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
661 race - knee/shin pads are the goods -
never slip and keep me protected - a little uncomfortable on hot days though.................

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ended up getting some dainese Pro Air's and they are quite nice. Taken a couple rides for them to sit in the right position but now they are sweet :D Very happy wiht my purchase so far.

thrower78

Likes Dirt
ctr's

i have used ctrs they will stop anything although when you have a big stack on your knees the knee part tends to slide down your leg resulting in stiches in your knees. If you have bigger quads than the average person they will slide down and straps might not reach.

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
I have some 661 race, some Roach and some Dainese Pro Air.

I almost always use the Dainese Pro Air. I use them with some neoprene knee warmers on to and they never slide!

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
i got the standard fox shin pads. there doing the job, only thing is you pulling them up all the time.
can i just say that if you dont have body armour that includes the arms u should get the fox extreme elbow guard, i got them and they farkin rock. i sliped of a 8 foot drop when i first started and if it wasn't for them i would have had broken arms.