what pants stop grazing?

mike&nat

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey just wondering if theres anything that stops scratches n shit without wearin pads underneath. im talking about when u fall on hard surfaces in skateys etc. normal jeans seem to shift against your skin and still graze you if they're tight do they do the same? i was thinkin like pants with two layers so they would rub against each other if that makes sense.

yeah:confused:any advice?
thanks

Last edited:

sit_still

Likes Dirt
fox mx shorts or the best, but have a look at oakley, sombrio make a few riding shorts, if you still like to wear jeans go to a sports store and get some lycra tights and wear them under you shorts or pants have the same effect cause the jeans slide against them and they only cost about $15. same as the footy or soccer ones

Dicky

Punter God
emo pants
...and yet they cause less injury? :confused:

if you still like to wear jeans go to a sports store and get some lycra tights and wear them under you shorts or pants have the same effect cause the jeans slide against them and they only cost about $15. same as the footy or soccer ones
+1.

Will help with the fact that it's bloody cold at the moment too.

Last edited:

mike&nat

Likes Bikes and Dirt
any real bmxer wanna answer the tight jeans question for me? probably be the easiest rather than the whole lycra or super baggy moto pants

Drew.

Eats Squid
any real bmxer wanna answer the tight jeans question for me? probably be the easiest rather than the whole lycra or super baggy moto pants
I never ride without skinnies. (Unless all my pairs are in the wash..). They're mega comfy, they don't get caught up in your chain/chainring and other things like I've found other jeans do, keep your legs all covered, and you score mad scene points.:rolleyes::p

madmike1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 for skinnies to, really comfy and dont get in the way on my chain, i ripped a pair of my old jeans, then i went emo.... jks im not emo, but i still wear skinnies

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
black emo pants. They still dont stop bruises but have saved my knees in the process of trying to learn tricks.

Twitch

Likes Bikes
'Dickies' brand shorts. Tough as anything and stylish to boot!
yer i agree
Go dickies work pants/shorts they are very comfy and stylish... and are tough, a good alternative to say if u dont like wearing tight pants...

cheers

thundergoose

Likes Dirt
If you have the money get Dragon Jeans. They have carbon fibre in them. Its what the road bike riders use. Theres a video somewhere of a guy getting dragged behind a car on his ass with these jeans and it does nothing to him or the jeans. The price tag puts you of a bit at around $300.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have the money get Dragon Jeans. They have carbon fibre in them. Its what the road bike riders use. Theres a video somewhere of a guy getting dragged behind a car on his ass with these jeans and it does nothing to him or the jeans. The price tag puts you of a bit at around $300.

"Draggin" jeans not Dragon, and its kevlar, not carbon fibre ;P

http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/

Alternatively "harden the fuck up" lol

Last edited: