What Part Should I get Thread

Bun2en

Squid
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question, What differnce does it make with the stand over height of frames ?

like does a higher stand over make it easier to ride then a lower stand over height ?

NPJ_boy

Likes Bikes
Whos doing lifetime warrenty on their frames these days?
I was looking into the colony range but with only a 1yr warrenty, im not feeling the confidence in the product.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Just research alot. I think fit do? and tempered but otherwise just look around.
hit up zac (derelikt) about tempered frames/parts. he will be able to tell you about them

Last edited:

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
I was looking into the colony range but with only a 1yr warrenty, im not feeling the confidence in the product.
If a frame is going to break due to manufacturers issues, it will happen within the first year of owning a frame.
If for example you ride a frame for 2+ years and then it breaks, do you really think its a manufacturing issue, or is the stresses of hard riding finally taken its toll?

Last edited:

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just research alot. I think fit do? and tempered but otherwise just look around.
hit up zac (derelikt) about tempered frames/parts. he will be able to tell you about them
i wouldn't call the tempered warranty lifetime........... sunday etc. have lifetime warranty i think, if you want a frame to last, get one of them?

contagious

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If a frame is going to break due to manufacturers issues, it will happen within the first year of owning a frame.
If for example you ride a frame for 2+ years and then it breaks, do you really think its a manufacturing issue, or is the stresses of hard riding finally taken its toll?
On sunrise the other day they had some big topic about peoples rights about warranties and that more expensive items shoudl be covered under some other warranty other than the manufacturers one. And that if the item is defected you should be entitled to a replacement.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
On sunrise the other day they had some big topic about peoples rights about warranties and that more expensive items shoudl be covered under some other warranty other than the manufacturers one. And that if the item is defected you should be entitled to a replacement.
If an item is defective then yes it should be replaced or repaired, but at what point is the company no longer responsible for an item breaking?

contagious

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think they said that it mainly depended on the value of the item. So i wouldnt really know. But if you couldnt get manufacturers warranty there are other ways around it depending on how long it has been since you bought it.

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think united do, i know the frame i got (which is now for sale) has a lifetime warranty.

trentsta53

Likes Bikes
hey,
i am thinking of buying a second hand tierra v1 (since i just cracked my dehart2 twice) and i was just wondering does any1 have 1? and how are they, like strength wise and how do they feel to ride?
thanks

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
hey,
i am thinking of buying a second hand tierra v1 (since i just cracked my dehart2 twice) and i was just wondering does any1 have 1? and how are they, like strength wise and how do they feel to ride?
thanks
i have one, it is pretty damn strong. im a bit of a hack and it has been fine. it hasnt dinted from rails either.