What Part Should I get Thread

joeeee

Likes Dirt
I'm after a brake setup to help ease myself back into trails, and I need your help!

What are the best brakes going? I've got no budget for this, I want the best lever, cable and caliper I can get.

Suggestions?
probly my brakes :p

but seriously... buy mine

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hey bretty check out the colony levers, nice and simple. Guys i ride with seem to enjoy them, and they look dope.

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt

SOLAR HUB GUARD

Full CNC alloy 6061-T 6
Steel insert for longevity
99 grams / 3.5oz
Colors: Black, Brown, Gun Metal Grey, Orange

^ anyone know what the Season bikes hubguards are like?

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt

SOLAR HUB GUARD

Full CNC alloy 6061-T 6
Steel insert for longevity
99 grams / 3.5oz
Colors: Black, Brown, Gun Metal Grey, Orange

^ anyone know what the Season bikes hubguards are like?
Not sure mate, orange would suit your funday tho.

I personally didnt know there was much difference in hubguards these days, except like the Gsport gland, tree etc

sambula

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new frame and am looking at the Mutiny Vape and Lucky Strike, does anyone have any background on them? or any better suggestions?

Cheers

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Hubs!!

After a new cassette rear!!!

Shadow Rant V2? Profile is very very tempting but I don't know that I can afford it... Any others worth looking at?

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WTP Q-lite?

From what I've heard, the Ratchet doesn't have very good engagement, and have some helicoil issues.

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty sure there is another version of the hub that is a normal type rather than female, reasons I went for the proper are

*Ceramic Bushings
*14mm Female (which you dont want anyway)
*light-weight (on backbone says lighter than profile with TI axle)

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Profile cause they are expensive, so they must be good!

Madera, im pretty sure they are made by profile they are apparently quite good.
Proper magnalite are good hubs for the price aswell. Quite a solid hub, for a hack like yourself ;)
G-sport rachet may be one of the best options although i have heard of some having problems. Biodiversional i believe, so you can run it LHD if you put pegs on.
WTP and Shadow hubs are also good quality for the price.

steve r

Likes Dirt
The proper female hub is not 14mm it is 10mm and it has stupid adfapter bolts that are a bitch and are forever slipping.

Get a colony clone if you like the proper 14mm it is the same hub with a different name on it and its cheaper.

But the best hub you can buy is madera it is smooth, clicky, strony and the same as a profile just cheaper and a different shell.

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
Hope your wrong, you may be thinking of older ones, all the dudes at the local bmx shop say its a regular 14mm female setup, as does backbone, strictly and all.

GUMP

Likes Dirt
proper female has a 10mm axle and as said before they slip and i hate them. hence why i have a ratchet.

i couldnt tell the diffrence between the ratchet and the proper engagement wise

brady yo

Likes Dirt
Proper Magnalite (The female one) Just ordered one myself.
you sir have just bought yourself a shit hub.

i have one, it slips, the bolts are crap, after a while the hub comes completely loose and tightening it up isn't an option so you have a permanent wobbling hub etc etc. i know a few people who have all these problems also.

on another note, my mate bought a proper female front hub a month or so ago, rode it for about a week and if you spun the wheel now you would think the bearings are 10 years old.

proper = fail

im getting a profile within the next month,

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
you sir have just bought yourself a shit hub.

i have one, it slips, the bolts are crap, after a while the hub comes completely loose and tightening it up isn't an option so you have a permanent wobbling hub etc etc. i know a few people who have all these problems also.

on another note, my mate bought a proper female front hub a month or so ago, rode it for about a week and if you spun the wheel now you would think the bearings are 10 years old.

proper = fail

im getting a profile within the next month,
This sounds gay. I had a look round the proper site, ad in the FAQ's it says that droputs 4mm or under would need an additional spacer in order to keep in place, i just measured my droputs and they are 5mm, so i hope i'll be alirght, and i dont run pegs or ride hard at all, sept for the odd case haha.
Out of interest brady, what frame do you have?