What races would YOU like to see covered more?

Koper25

Likes Dirt
So I'm going to be writing more over my summer Uni break, doing a few write-up's of races, mostly the VDHS. What races or bike related events in Victoria would you guys really like to see covered?

It could be anything from National rounds, to fun events like Lysterfield's Friday Fun and Lazy Loops.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
My advice is to only cover gravity and freeride related stuff. Anything to do with XC and the like is boring as fuck. I wouldn't cross the street to watch a world cup XC race let alone read about it.
Whatever you write, dare to be different and add your own style to it. Ask marshals for quotes, monitor and report a section that could blow out, a jump that is being cased etc etc. Talk to the trail builders, talk to people who criticize the track and get them to offer improvements. To me, random stuff makes an article more interesting, reading mundane run of the mill kind of stuff is irrelevant.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Anything to do with XC and the like is boring as fuck. I wouldn't cross the street to watch a world cup XC race let alone read about it.
Each to their own....
Let me know next time a DH rider makes a passing move on course while pulling a whip....

[video]https://igcdn-videos-a-15-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t50.2886-16/11936707_1518065405152015_1871041336_n.mp4[/video]

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Each to their own....
Let me know next time a DH rider makes a passing move on course while pulling a whip....

[video]https://igcdn-videos-a-15-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t50.2886-16/11936707_1518065405152015_1871041336_n.mp4[/video]
I can just see the news report now:

"In a world first, a cross country rider that hones his skills on a downhill course has done something exciting in an XC race and not only passed another rider without grabbing his brake lever but he's also done it with some excitement by getting off the ground without crashing!"

I'm not taking the piss out of you Ackland, I just love hanging shit on XC and road riders. ;):llama:

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'm not taking the piss out of you Ackland, I just love hanging shit on XC and road riders. ;):llama:
You need to watch more modern XC....
Most of the top boys are pretty skilled on the descents these days....

And with handlebars that don't require the body proportions of the average gorilla!

Elbie

Likes Bikes
I just don't find watching or reading about men in tights appealing, but as mentioned each to their own.:noidea:

My advice is to only cover gravity and freeride related stuff. Anything to do with XC and the like is boring as fuck. I wouldn't cross the street to watch a world cup XC race let alone read about it.
Whatever you write, dare to be different and add your own style to it. Ask marshals for quotes, monitor and report a section that could blow out, a jump that is being cased etc etc. Talk to the trail builders, talk to people who criticize the track and get them to offer improvements. To me, random stuff makes an article more interesting, reading mundane run of the mill kind of stuff is irrelevant.
Only cover cyclocross :behindsofa::llama:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knowing where Kris is coming from, it's been interesting seeing the response it draws out.

I certainly enjoy all forms of cycling, but find there is more happening in XC racing than any other format.
The most exciting things that happen in a DH race happen multiple times per lap in XC racing and with 80 other competitors around them.

Racing the clock at World Cup DH level is obviously a great spectacle, but you can't tell me Absalon & Schurter's battles this year haven't been exciting.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Only cover cyclocross :behindsofa::llama:
Shit yeah, that's getting more exciting recently.

I can see it now commentary now 'dick head wanker causing another incident on track... because hes a piece of shit sportsman'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEnCB_rVOcw

Racing the clock at World Cup DH level is obviously a great spectacle, but you can't tell me Absalon & Schurter's battles this year haven't been exciting.
Don't even know who they are? that's how exciting it is.