What Rim To Get (DH)

GTBoy

Likes Bikes
I need to get a new rim for my DH rig, after i wrecked one at Mt. Beauty on the weekend. I am thinking of either getting a Sun Intense mag 30, or a Velocity Physco, or a Disc 26. I know the D321 is a great rim and i love them, but the shop i work at can't get them :cry: . I am normally pretty hard on my rims, so strength is the most important thing. Thanks

Ty

Eats Squid
for a race rim out of the 3 choices given you can't go past the Sun Intense mag 30. lightish, strong, wide profile, tough sidewalls.

enough said.

jungle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rim

Go the Sun intense mag 30

second best to the mavic d321 IMO
seeing the 321's are double iletted

cheers

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can speek from experience, the intense mag30's rock! Are a little on the heavier side of most rims but, they don't have a problem wiht the sidwalls folding like the 321 and dice rims and stay pritty true(will need a little adjustment). Try and keep the as true as possible to avoid cracking. Only problem I have had with them is maxxis tyres are a little hard to put onto the 26inch version. Just need to get your leaver in there and be careful not to pinch the tube against the sidewalls as you try and get hte bead over!

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
321's flatspot too easily. Intense Mag30's weigh a tonne. Dice rims- i dunno about the quality... how aboput some trailpimps or atomlab dhr's? they go through cassons (azonic importers)...

S.

ex offender
Daver said:
321's flatspot too easily. Intense Mag30's weigh a tonne. Dice rims- i dunno about the quality... how aboput some trailpimps or atomlab dhr's? they go through cassons (azonic importers)...
Pretty sure Mag30s don't weigh much more than 321s, and I'm almost certain that they weigh less than Trailpimps.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the advertised weight of a mag30 is 640g but I think they are more up around the 680g mark.

S.

ex offender
Turley said:
the advertised weight of a mag30 is 640g but I think they are more up around the 680g mark.
whoaaaaa.... I'd have bought some if they were 640, but SIX HUNDRED AND EIGHTY GRAMS? No way! :p

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, :p I like to keep track on what stuff weights on my bike. doesn't mean it is light, just I know what most of the stuff weights :p

S.

ex offender
Well atomlabs CLAIM 895g for the Trailpimp... that's 30% heavier than the Mag30. And that's if their claimed weight is accurate.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
trailpimps are surely more than 700grams

atomlab dhr's weigh 700... n are the strongest atomlab