What settings for fork and shock at Thredbo?

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
I'm heading to round 2 of the Nationals series at thredbo and since I've not ridden there in a long time, are unsure what settings I should look at for my fork and rear shock.

Running fox 40 float up front and a cane creek double barrel on the rear.

Rider weight is 105kg (fully laden) and running around 75PSI in the float and a 450# spring on the rear.

Based on videos, the track seems to feature quite a lot of pumping and a few dicey rock garden/rough sections. I was thinking of running a pretty loose set up. Fast rebound, increased low speed compression, decreased high speed compression.

Thoughts?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Very personal and specific to bike and riding style. I'd start with what you normally run and are used to and make small changes from there through practice.

Last thing I'd suggest is turning up with a shock/fork setup that you don't know and trying to work from that as a baseline.

EDIT: Or full rigid is an option as above

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
Very personal and specific to bike and riding style. I'd start with what you normally run and are used to and make small changes from there through practice.

Last thing I'd suggest is turning up with a shock/fork setup that you don't know and trying to work from that as a baseline.

EDIT: Or full rigid is an option as above
Thanks for the feedback.

I've got my normal tune on there now, but thinking I'll need to do some tweaks on the day. Annoying part of only being there for comps is dealing with the limited practice time, hence wondering if there are some rough profiles people can suggest as a starting point.