What shock pump?

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

Need to get a shock pump and looking at the usual online suspects there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice! What are people using and what is recommended?

I don't want to go over the top but I like the idea of nice tools that last well!

Cheers

Minlak

custom titis
I have a Topeak pump that has the "Pressure-Rite valve prevents air loss during removal" has been good to me.

Warp

Likes Dirt
Whichever you like the most, but always the proper range and use the same for consistent results.

At the very least use the same for consistent results.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Cheap giyo from cycling deal. Works. not much else to say.
I've had 2 giyos and both leaked air as soon as attached to a shock/fork. Easy fix though, un-screw pressure gauge, wrap gas tape around thread and re-attach. Both work fine now.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Another vote for topeak. Had the cheap giro and it gave up after about 12 months plus the valve attacent in the topeak is much better

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 For Topeak Pocket Shock DXG. I've owned about half a dozen and this one is head and shoulders above the rest. Folding hose makes it easy to pack. Two stage valve head means you don't lose any air. Quality build means it lasts.

Honzo15

Likes Dirt
+1 For Topeak Pocket Shock DXG. I've owned about half a dozen and this one is head and shoulders above the rest. Folding hose makes it easy to pack. Two stage valve head means you don't lose any air. Quality build means it lasts.
This...just get the Topeak.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
I've had 2 giyos and both leaked air as soon as attached to a shock/fork. Easy fix though, un-screw pressure gauge, wrap gas tape around thread and re-attach. Both work fine now.
Also have a giyo, does tyres as well as shocks.

camoshop

Banned
I got a giyo one pretty cheap works fine, can't compair it to any others though, seals up nice and doesn't loose any air when you are disconnecting it

SummitFever

Eats Squid
If you want a great shock pump for your workshop (and not to take out on a ride), you can't go past the SKS USP. Very solid, German made pump, with all of the features you'd expect and then some. Comes with multiple adapters so you can do older SIDs, RS IFPs', Zokes air forks etc. I got mine on special for less than the price of the RS IFP adapter, but they are often for sale for under $50. It is the last workshop shock pump you will ever need.

cobba

Likes Dirt
I have a Rock Shox one seems to work good.
Your pump is made by Giyo as are lot of other 'brand name' shock pumps.

Giyo makes pumps that have names on them like: Rockshox, Fox, Marzocchi, Manitou, DT Swiss, Magura, Buzzys, Giant.

I've seen plenty of other 'brand names' on Giyo pumps too.

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Looks like it will be the DXG. Will spend most of it's life in the tool box but might get thrown in the car for a few trips.

Cheers all!