What shoes do you wear

$$$pimp$$$

Likes Dirt
i wear etnies and i would recommend u buy another skate brand, not jacks surfboards brand but they are really bad. both of them ripped into bits i suggest a nice pair of vans, i find dc's are really stiff to ride in (the pair i got anyway). you can get some nice vans for about 70 bux at golders and city beach places like that. city beach sucks but go to golders. riding shoes would obviously be the best being desiegned for riding itself if you can afford two pairs of shoes and have the money to buy them!

Jack_STP1

Likes Dirt
Dunlop volleys wont let you down...:D
Volley's are to flexible u dont get any support underneath ur foot, they just fold over the pedal.

I wear a pair of PATH skate shoes, high top to protect the ankles and heaps grippy cos they got the logo all over the bottom.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
been wearing dvs shoes for a while and etnies - but now the kill bill edition onitsuka tigers have come out and its kickin ass time

matty_101

Likes Dirt
Nike air force 1 82', not really suitable for riding but hey im poor and i dont want to buy another pair.

cartman

Likes Bikes
I ahve a good pair of Converse skate shoes, the grip is wide enough for the pins to fit in ans super grippy:)

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good old dunlop volleys does the job:D
agreed i always ride with the volleys they neva let me down ;)
Volley's are to flexible u dont get any support underneath ur foot, they just fold over the pedal.
Just out of curiosity to all of those people who wear Volleys, Have you ever had a bad crash or bail which you have landed on your feet through a rock garden etc? Seeing how flexible they are it would seem they give you nil ankle support and would appear to rip apart at the slightest friction. I've ridden with volleys for a few hours and the soles were so flexible that not only were my feet being chewed at through the shoes (like a numbed bare foot riding feeling) but my shoes were bending over the pedal so much that it felt uncomfortably slippery. Does anyone that ride with volleys not see these problems or do you just ignore it and hope you don't come off in a bad section?

MadMatt

The MiniMan
I`ve been riding in shitty old gymboots & volleys my whole life,,,BUT!!! i smashed my ankle big time a year & a half ago, major Farkin damage, funny as it was,,, i had actually special ordered a set of High-side 510s & they arrived 2 weeks "AFTER" smashing my talus bone into 3 pieces, broke 2 of the feet bone thingys going down to the toes & also broke the big toe & 2nd toes, tore all the tendons & ligements front & rear of the foot & some,,,

high sided 510s are the best things i`ve ever bought

& thanks to "For the riders" Timmy & Tomac Dot Com :)

but then , each to their own i spose... i`ve learnt a very painfull lesson now tho :)

Anthonaut

Likes Dirt
Wearing volleys riding is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. In fact wearing volleys altogether is.

I just wear cheap $15 (Bought 2 pairs at the time!) Harris Scarfe skate shoes. Grip surprisingly well, heaps thick sole for comfort and support, bloody cheap and best of all- im not even onto my second pair yet- these things are indestructible!

However I might look into 5-10s in the future considering the rave reviews, but seeing the condition my current cheapies are in, it could be a while.

M.artin

Arrow Racing
I find volleys are quite good due to them having a thin sole... I find i like to be able to feel where the pins are in my shoe\foot;) , makes me feel astho i have more control.
It just doesnt feel right having a big lump of padding inbetween your foot and pedal...

Thats just me..Tho...:confused:

horsey

Likes Dirt
for everybody who has complained that they couldn't get 5-10's or were stuffed around trying to get them etc...

I ordered a pair of high cut 5-10's off of for the riders yesterday - they arrived today!

Not bad service!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Adidas Gazelles, classic old skool trainers that come with the stickiest soles available outside of 5-10's. Seriously it's like bubblegum, your pins hold perfectly. You can wear them down the pub as well!

Switch

huskier headed gent
Its one thing to have a great pair of riding shoes but put them together with a pair of custom footbeds (like you get with ski boots) and the performance is enhanced big time. Does not have to be custom but the inserts you get with most shoes are pathetic offering no real support. I have been using old ski boot inserts and mass produced hiking boot inserts ie "superfeet" and you can feel everything happening beneath your feet. For those who don't have access to a shuttle service you gotta walk your way back to the top! :eek: