What size Dirt Jumper??

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
Hi everyone ive been interested in buying a dirt jumper and i was just wondering what size i need? i am 5'10 and i have a M size specialized pitch.

garfield84

NSWMTB
i'm 6'1 and ride medium everything dh/xc/fr/dj so i would imagine that another medium would suit you fine. i just got rid of my small sized dj for medium. so much more comfortable:D

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
in the end, it also comes down to how you like your bikes. personally i like them smaller than most people. im 6 foot 4 and i ride a small chameleon, and feel really comfortable on it

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Most serious DJ bikes dont have size options. You want something with a low stand over height. You might find differences in top tube lengths, but get something with super short chainstays, geo is very different to your XC bike, so forget your sizing in regards to XC riding.

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
thanks guys so i should probly look for a smaller frame:D nutha question...
24" verses 26" what's the deallio??

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
thanks guys so i should probly look for a smaller frame:D nutha question...
24" verses 26" what's the deallio??
Personal preference...

24" Is much poppier and easier to throw around, but it creates a smaller bike, but in saying that there are still tall people on BMX bikes without issues.

My opinion, if you are mainly riding street/park then rigid 24" is wicked! if you are riding more DJ then short forked 26" is the go.

Good entry level street bike: NS Holy $999

Good entry level DJ Bike: NS Metropolis 2 $1529

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Hi everyone ive been interested in buying a dirt jumper and i was just wondering what size i need? i am 5'10 and i have a M size specialized pitch.
This is one of those things that, at the end of the day, a forum might not be able to answer for you. It really isnt as important really for dirt jumpers since you're not spending hours upon hours in the saddle (therefore, comfort is a priority) but you still want to get the fit right.

After you decide on the bike you're after, I'd be going to at least see how it feels, how it rides etc. On paper it may fit but there is nothing worse then banging your knees on the handlebars.

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
thanks for the advice guys its a big help i think ill look for a2nd hand small sized p2 I know there is one in brisvegas but if any one knows of any others could you you pm me. god I love this forum