What to do in your Backyard?

Dug

Likes Dirt
Not quite a trail but as I have 11000 Ha of state forest in spitting distance from my place I just thought it would be a bit of fun to put some riding structures in my backyard (I have a few in the forest after 15 years of riding out there, but some close to home for a rainy day or just to waste some time on a Sunday arvo). I am woiting for a mate to bring a truckload of dirt to finish my little Dj. I thought I would put them up here to see what you other dirt bags have done at home for some self entertainment.

Waddayarecon:D

Attachments

ando_freeagent

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive done some stuff with my backyard

theres more just cant be bothered with more photos

(you cant see a quarter 2 down ramps a drop and the kickers)

Middo

Likes Bikes
Wow - impressive. I'm in the middle of doing the same thing. Just so I can tool around and practice stuff so that the next time I get to ride somewhere challenging I haven't lost my touch (nerve!). I'll have to show my partner - she thinks a guy my age (old) building that stuff in the backyard is a joke. That is untill she rides it.

Mine's not quite as impressive as that, I might have to make some modifications. Then post some pics......

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
Not quite a trail but as I have 11000 Ha of state forest in spitting distance from my place I just thought it would be a bit of fun to put some riding structures in my backyard (I have a few in the forest after 15 years of riding out there, but some close to home for a rainy day or just to waste some time on a Sunday arvo). I am woiting for a mate to bring a truckload of dirt to finish my little Dj. I thought I would put them up here to see what you other dirt bags have done at home for some self entertainment.

Waddayarecon:D
that is some pretty cool stuff man. where did you get all that wood and time from?

eric2151

Likes Dirt
hey guys i have broken my arm.but i have started a trail in my back yard. It has a reasnobly sized jump but i need to build a landing. north shore to come. a rather large berm which is to get bigger:D.ill try get pictures up tomorro

Dug

Likes Dirt
Nice to see that I am not the only mini track builder. As for the wood try your local sawmill for farm packs (cheep), and the time......... I make it Heh heh heh :cool:

Also some of the larger mills will not rerun off sized wood and it all goes to chip so if you can convince your local mill manager they are doing a community service and you are using the stuff for a community based project they can donate it and all it will cost you is a thankyou note as they are obliged to do some community related stuff.... No Shit

Last edited:

Jakep!

Likes Dirt
you just can't beat good ol' Prezzo NS... yeh, good times...
When you go to sell your house, or cancel renting or whatever, Your going to have so much North Shore go to waste...

I hope you were to have a good removalist :p

wade #61

Likes Bikes
Man that track is awesome! How much wood is in that?!?!? love the drop off the roof and the skinny bit is great. well done for building that, big respect. :) Yeah when you sell your house you're gonna have to find another biker who wants o buy it... :D