What track / trails do you miss?

jrewing

Eats Squid
That dh track that lasted 6 months near OBR. Forget the name. I would love to know who built it. I still owe him a case..

Got screwed by nimbies.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
That dh track that lasted 6 months near OBR. Forget the name. I would love to know who built it. I still owe him a case..

Got screwed by nimbies.
What one? oBR tracks were nearly twenty years old weren't they? I think ten at least.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What one? oBR tracks were nearly twenty years old weren't they? I think ten at least.
This was the one at Mt Riverview that caused the locals to get fired up. I think it was called Candy Bar. Built right next to houses and some riders were obnoxious and rude to the residents.

Root cause of the closure stems from a rider telling a resident with her toddler when she asked them to move their vehicle to "Fuck off". That fired her up and other residents in large numbers such that when Old Bathurst Road was going to be formalised and made legal by Blue Mountains council they lobbied and got Mt Riverview and Old Bathurst Road plus all other mountain bike trails in the area closed.

Its a real shame as OBR could have been a legal trail now if riders had behaved differently.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
This was the one at Mt Riverview that caused the locals to get fired up. I think it was called Candy Bar.
Even Candy bar was a remake of an old trail

Root cause of the closure stems from a rider telling a resident with her toddler when she asked them to move their vehicle to "Fuck off". That fired her up and other residents in large numbers such that when Old Bathurst Road was going to be formalised and made legal by Blue Mountains council they lobbied and got Mt Riverview and Old Bathurst Road plus all other mountain bike trails in the area closed.

Its a real shame as OBR could have been a legal trail now if riders had behaved differently.

So often we are our own worst enemy

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Candy Bar was such an amazing little track, OBR was great too.. Unfortunately it only takes one or two dick heads to ruin it all for everyone.

nsr077

Likes Dirt
I don't think ill ever get over losing Lidsdale. I loved that place soooo much. I never did any trail work there but i did appreciate the awesome effort that went into that place.