What tricks should I learn?

Hey guys,
I've just started jumping gaps with long enough air time that I'm starting to get board in the air (plus I've seen people hit tricks on these jumps so I know that it's time to learn). So I was wondering what tricks will be easy to learn and how to do them. At the moment I jump a freeride bike but I'm getting a DJ soon so tricks for both rigs would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
I've just started jumping gaps with long enough air time that I'm starting to get board in the air (plus I've seen people hit tricks on these jumps so I know that it's time to learn). So I was wondering what tricks will be easy to learn and how to do them. At the moment I jump a freeride bike but I'm getting a DJ soon so tricks for both rigs would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
you get bored in the air? i dont get bored unless the flights over 2 hours long, or its night time, or i dont have a window seat , you must have aome big as jumps around where you live! ;)

um, x-ups are a good start

one footers, it will make the bike unbalenced when you take your foot off, and whichever pedal your foot stays on will drop down, but you figure it out pretty fast.

no footers, dont just slide your feet sideways caus it tends to make the cranks turn abit, lift your feet then swing them out, try and land on the pedals, your nuts will thank you.

whips and tables... if you get bored doing whips you are not doing them big enough, just jump, turn, turn back, land... repeat, increase turnage... repeat..

oh and search before you post a new thread, pretty sure theres a few threads like this around already?

i need some pizza!
oh and i realised today that i wont be able to go for a ride this week, its pretty depressing :(

oh and search before you post a new thread, pretty sure theres a few threads like this around already?
Umm yes there are a few threads around but the reason I started this one is because I want to be taught how to do the tricks not just what they're called. So links to instructional videos and threads would be great thanks.:D
Oh and before anyone says I'm lazy and I should just search for the vids myself I want ones that are actually helpful I don't want to watch hours of videos then go and try a trick and find out it told me the wrong thing.
Thanks in advance

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Umm yes there are a few threads around but the reason I started this one is because I want to be taught how to do the tricks not just what they're called. So links to instructional videos and threads would be great thanks.:D
Oh and before anyone says I'm lazy and I should just search for the vids myself I want ones that are actually helpful I don't want to watch hours of videos then go and try a trick and find out it told me the wrong thing.
Thanks in advance
theres already a thread for that aswell:rolleyes:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Three words... - DO A FLIP!

haha sorry for no useful addvice, not a dirt jumper, good luck though :)

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
If you jump the jump enough you will suddenly think, I could have done this or that over it. Then try this or that on your next jump.
Most people would rather watch a really stylish clean flat than a loose messy 3.

Tricks to try

Hey,
I recently started riding street, skatepark and trails on my friends Stp, I ride bmx but im converting to MTB, I have been riding his bike for the last couple of weeks and he kept telling my to try tricks i was comfortable with on my bmx.

I started off with little whips and then moved onto one footers and now im very comfotable. I can Barspin 6stairs at the moment, this seems like a good start for me but my point is to start off with small tricks like:
-one footers
-no footers
-tire grabs ( look good and are easy)
-tuck no handers
-flatties
and suicide one handers.

These tricks should be easy over dirt jumps. Hope my advice was helpful.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey,
I recently started riding street, skatepark and trails on my friends Stp, I ride bmx but im converting to MTB, I have been riding his bike for the last couple of weeks and he kept telling my to try tricks i was comfortable with on my bmx.

I started off with little whips and then moved onto one footers and now im very comfotable. I can Barspin 6stairs at the moment
Wait, are you saying you've gone from little whips to barspinning 6 stairs within a matter of weeks ..? As said above, video or it didn't happen.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wait, are you saying you've gone from little whips to barspinning 6 stairs within a matter of weeks ..? As said above, video or it didn't happen.
qouted for truth!

if you can barspin 6 stairs then

A. i hate you

B. post some vids and photos for us to enjoy haha!