What type of bike do you have?

What bike/s do you have?

• Total voters

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
I'm currently gathering as much info as possible for a mountain bike park/trail network extension proposal.
A quick cross section of bike ownership from the farkin forum users will most likely yield better results than a survey conducted at some XC playground.

This may have been done to death in previous years, but it'd be sweet if everyone could take 5 seconds to let me know what kinda rigs everyone is riding.
(No smartass responses Squid! I've gotta find something to keep me occupied while im rockin the one armed bandito styles and cant go ride myself..)

Please place your votes in the poll!

Cheers

Edit: Any trail 'all round' bike owners - please vote in this thread, separately from the poll
(i'll try to gather those numbers and add to total when all is done! ... damn 10 poll options limit... )

Last edited:

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Binaural, it's still early days so i'm not sure if the project will get off the ground until i've had meetings with a few people concerned.

In theory, i'm looking at the possibility of extending the recently constructed Tumut XC trail network to;
- incorporate more difficult/technical aspects of riding (not just XC)
- extend to higher elevations allowing for further downhill options
- link with or lead to other multi-use trail areas

Primarily, a possible site has been found that may allow for the construction of any of the following
- BMX/MTNX style course
- Dedicated Dirtjump park
- Progression park / skills development area
- Freeride park
Glen Jacobs/Dylan Jeffries at MVTrailDesign have been contacted and are enthusiastic about the concept.
Because of the location at the base of Mt.Wereboldera State Forest, other trails may not only lead to the venue, but possibly enter the upper sections via downhill trails.

All theory of course, but until my shoulder gets better.. i dont have a whole lot else to do!

Binaural

Eats Squid
That's ace. I visit Tumut for a couple of weeks a year around Christmas because half my extended family live around there. If ever there was a place that desperately needs some good DH it's Tumut!

If you need any help with your project from someone based in Sydney let me know what I can do. And of course I'd love the chance to put in some shovel work whenever I'm in town!

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
What about that weird area between XC and FR commonly called All Mountain and argued about till the cows come home?
One of my bikes has 5.5" front and rear suspension, 69/70 angles and weighs under 30lb. It's not tough enough for serious freeriding, but it's also not your typical XC rig.

Edit: Actually never mind, I'll stick it under XC.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the support Binaural, i'll keep you posted if things get off the ground!

For all those who have no clue where Tumut is...

20 minutes off the Hume Highway via Gundagai

Dwnhll 4evr

Likes Dirt
That was a nice detour from the original topic.
I ride an 06 Norco Manik (with tripples yeah) for freeride and some DH.
And I have a cheapish FELT Epic BMX.

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
How do I change when I picked the wrong poll I don't ride Downhill Hardtail (Hardcore Yo) should Read (Woodduck Yo) I ride Downhill Properly.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Wayno said:
How do I change when I picked the wrong poll I don't ride Downhill Hardtail (Hardcore Yo) should Read (Woodduck Yo) I ride Downhill Properly.
Haha i thought i'd better put something down for those crazy 888 equipped HT DH racers... however somehow forgot that 'all mountain' category.
Wayno, i'll note your change of vote and adjust my own results accordingly.

Also, in this case, freeride bikes will not be confined to the 'serious' or 'extreme' hucker rigs only.

I don't want to start a flame fest on where to draw the line between MTB disciplines, rather simply obtain a rough idea of what sort of bikes all you guys & girls are putting your hard earned cash into.

Hüp

Likes Bikes
Surely rigid is BMX...

I ride a 20" rigid trials bike, which is sort of a mountain bike, but I had no idea what to vote... so I just went with rigid, cause I am too cool for that thar suspension.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Hüp said:
Surely rigid is BMX...

I ride a 20" rigid trials bike, which is sort of a mountain bike, but I had no idea what to vote... so I just went with rigid, cause I am too cool for that thar suspension.
That'll be cool, but anything not 24/26inch would most likely fit better in "Other (BMX etc) "

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
I have: XC Hardtail, DH dually, dj/street ht, roadie, commuter, rigid, and the bmx. Amounst too many other old bikes that never get ridden.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I ride a DH bike(duallie), a 4x bike (duallie), a road bike and soon to be a trail bike (duallie).

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Martin.au said:
What about that weird area between XC and FR commonly called All Mountain and argued about till the cows come home?
One of my bikes has 5.5" front and rear suspension, 69/70 angles and weighs under 30lb. It's not tough enough for serious freeriding, but it's also not your typical XC rig.

Edit: Actually never mind, I'll stick it under XC.
Hmm, I stuck mine under Freeride, as I don't race and it spends a lot more time getting pushed uphill than ridden.