what tyre ???

hey guys
i was wondering what tyres are the best downhill tyres to use and what do people use on front and rear.

No tyre will be ideal for every track, depends on where you plan to ride and the conditions...
Ask your Mum for some money and go into your LBS and ask them what everyone uses.

AshR

Likes Dirt
No tyre will be ideal for every track, depends on where you plan to ride and the conditions...
Ask your Mum for some money and go into your LBS and ask them what everyone uses.
Actually not as bad as it sounds, went into the shop on Brunswick St and talked to the guy there about getting tires and told him where I was riding and what conditions I was expecting and he suggested a good tire.

thanks guys for the help. i just wanted to know a bit more info before i was sold crap that the bike shop just wanted to sell me!!!!

avanti_rider

Likes Dirt
I hear Maxxis Detonators are pretty good for downhill. :rolleyes:
Haha they hook up off tap on the gravel! Especially with 80 PSI in them!

On a serious note though, maxxis make a great tyre. Minions seem very popular amongst the DH guys in my area (VIC)

crazy-man

Likes Dirt
maxxis high roller on front, great for grip in the dry and loamy trails. minion dhf on rear, i feel they give way a little before the high roller. would rather my rear gives before my front end. 42a is the best choice for grip now they don't do slow reazy 40a's.

thanks for that i think i will ask my mum if she can buy them for me. and running 80psi cool i will give that a go. thanks :)

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
continental der kaiser front coupled withthe rubber queen 2.4 on the rear, far out performs my minion/ardent combo from last year, also the new michelins are meant tobe good, if they are anything like the old comp 16's and 24's they will be awesome.