What was your worst stack?

diamondback bill

Likes Bikes
not bike related

once when i was 5 i was playing golf in the back yard with this kid who was like 7 and lived up the street.so anyway we were hitting the ball at the trampline,and when he swung i just happened to walk behind him and smack he hit me in the face so my dad takes me to the docters,and they're like u have to go to the hospital so im wating in the hospital for like 3 hrs,until they tell us that ill need 15 stiches inside my mouth.

the up side was i got 3 ice block and 2 bowls of ice cream

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
not mtb realated. when i was six i was over at next doors jumping on the tramp as you do. jumped a little to unco and ended up on the side pole of a swing set that was next to the tramp. no points for guessing what i landed on or how much it hurt when i slid down the pole:eek:

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Many many years ago, when Raw NRG was first getting going, i can remember seing Sharples bombing down the Cannonball Run - fuck that dude can ride!

Anyway, i watched him tackle this hairpin kinda turn down this steep section, and i thought to myself, "me and my trusty FSR Elite (with X Vert R's, Hayes and that farkin cool extruded frame!!!) can handle that shit.

So the next day i geared-up, quite scared of that hairpin...... and woe behold, i had a friggin pretty good stack, ending-up in the friggin bushes with loads of cuts and a bloody headache!

My stack may not sound too bad, but i was lucky - some dude went-off in the same place and really injured himself, requiring airlifting off Thredbo and taken to Canberra for treatment!

Also, the day before i raced, in can remember that i had my preload wound too tight, and i didnt have any rebound dialled-in, and i went over one of those water bars, doing a massive front-wheel wheely and almost eating shit! This was quite embarassing, and i promptly learned to dial-in my suspension!

And once I took a footy in the balls (friggin AFL pig skin!!!) - this was my most painful sport-related injury (shudders from the memory)

Last edited:

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NeBoS said:
i can remember seing Sharples bombing down the Cannonball Run - fuck that dude can ride!
Can you remember what bike he was riding? Probably not cos sounds like it was a while ago... im just interested :)

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
gibbo4 said:
Can you remember what bike he was riding? Probably not cos sounds like it was a while ago... im just interested :)
Im pretty possitive it was the last production kinda DH bike that Trek had made until their latest addition. Also, i forgot his surname, but that 'Andrew' dude (aviation engineer fellow) who was riding those old Giant Dh mtb's came second, i think.

ManiCC

Likes Dirt
ohhh stacks the one that im recovering from at the moment is a PEDAL SLAP, yes thats right i injured myself worse then any other time, but it was from pedal slap ahh wahh.

ten stitches to be exact they come out next monday couldnt feel leg after stack but so pissed off it was from something so small and it has impacted me from not bike riding for a dew weeks. It looked so bad after i stacked because i was able to see the bone:D

cheers
mark

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
well. not my worst crash but my latest!

prob just under half way thorugh a dh run and i hit a rock funny and went over the bars into a bush. in the process i took a chuck out of my peak and busted through the clear shit on out side of my fullface (you can now touch the carbon fibre). also i copped a brake lever ( i think, it was bent like a mutha) in the top of my thigh. i had a nice big hole there about 2 cm wide and about 1 cm deep. it was freaky shit to a hole in my leg like that. might not sound bad and it was freaky! so now im getting a D2 as my other helmet was a pryme carbon fibre:)

emcgough

Likes Dirt
Going too fast round a corner on a DH and the bike basically flicks out from underneath with no warning (ie didnt even start to slide) and I got launched off the track and landed some distance away on hard rocky ground. No breaks or bad injuries but badly damaged the rotator cuff in my shoulder and just hit the ground really hard. I hit my hip bone so hard that I couldn't walk for weeks.

Also I was dirtjumping on some tight-ish rhythms and nose dived too much, nose cased and the bike was stopped by the back of the landing (yep, absolute retard crash here), I continued in my state of motion downwards and landed hands first on the flat ground below. I couldn't move my wrists for some time.

Those are just two that come to mind, probably because they screwed me over for a fair while after the crash, took ages to function normally again.

Last edited:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Messed up landing of a 6 inch drop at speed onto uneven and rutty ground, ended up OTB and nuts first into a pine tree...

poopoohead

Likes Dirt
I was on my way down a really steep track that I had'nt atempted before and my front wheel did something??? I dont really know what but I went over the bars through the air a few meters and into a box thorn tree...Got up covered in cuts, went to check out the bike and I had bent my forks

.:Easily:.

Likes Dirt
i was coming down a run of a dh track and my pedal hit a small tree which filpped my over the handle bars into a bigger tree

my foot just wasnt the same after that (sigh)

Bodin

GMBC
@nDr3w said:
not mtb realated. when i was six i was over at next doors jumping on the tramp as you do. jumped a little to unco and ended up on the side pole of a swing set that was next to the tramp. no points for guessing what i landed on or how much it hurt when i slid down the pole:eek:
On the day I was born, my brother had a trampoline accident that involved his knee bending 90degrees... the wrong way.

BTW - zoidberg is winning so far. Gross, but kinda cool. Nice work, dude...

Krusty

Likes Dirt
thredbo nsw interschools...4cross race.....took inside line while going to fast...hit the the next burm...lost control...fell over the burm...left leg got sucked under my bike wen it hit the ground and i ended up with a broken ankle that was broken in 3 places, i had to get 8 SCREWS, A METAL PLATE AND 6INCHES OF WIRE PUT IN!!!! i am still in recovery, and cant wait till next friday because as of then i can walk again!! YAY!!!
it was worth it, GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Last edited:

profaine

Likes Dirt
Everyone cringe!

Two genitals the size of potatoes, Ribena purple need I say more...

But if I did it would sound like this: Got my new bike and came up to a drop thinking "oh yeh the bike can handle it", approach the drop shin pad slips i go to pull it up and before I know it I am hitting the drop rodeo style (i.e one hand). I go into the hospital and get treated for all my other injuries and the next morning (in the hospital) I wake up and go to the toilet. "Oh my ..." as I see these 'things', the guy that did the ultrasound on them later looked like he was hating it more then me!
It was quite ammusing as I was showing everyone at school in the toilets just for a teacher to bust in as everyone is in stitches and I am there with my pants around my ankles!
Im lucky I knocked myself out when I stacked because the pain would have been unbearable (maybe i fainted because of the pain?, you know that would have to be bad!)

shenanigans

Likes Dirt
sounds nasty mate.
has anyone seen footage of a guy getting a spoke through his foot? pretty sure i saw it in freewheel buring and inertia.
oh and when people stack it and somehow get their foot inbetween the fork and wheel and their lying there screaming? for some reason i see it a lot in eastern states 4x. the cries of pain are quite bad.

marko23

Cannon Fodder
caught my foot under a pedal over a small jump and bent it back the wrong way, stayed on until the end section of long 4ft fast steps when the pain was so bad i passed out and cartwheeled down the section in front of the crowd. woke up at the on site ambo, snapped 4 ligaments in my foot and broke 2 bones. rad

bbspecial

Likes Dirt
i have a very good and funny one.

i had just gone out and bought a second hand norco A-line. i got home at about 6:30 but there was still enough time to go for a ride. so i went down to my local trails to try it out. i came down my best line, faster than i ever had before, too fast infact. i landed too far on a drop and ran straight into a tree. i took a massive chuck out of it with my front fork and i hurt my had badly. so i had to trudge up the hill with one hand and try and nurture the other one at the same time. it was hard work.

and that was how i christened my new bike. my hand hurt for two weeks after that.

Huck!

Likes Bikes
mine wasn't that pianfull, it was more anoying and embarising. At Illenba i hit a tree in the finals on the A line. It was funny and made a good photo and i still came ath.

Attachments