What XC trails are currently free of the Magpie Menace?

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Are there any trails around Sydney that are free of swooping maggies? I'd like to go for a ride without getting my ears sliced.

Sounds like Mt Annan is out. I was swooped near the carpark at Appin. Is that magpie still working that area?

T-Rex

Template denier
Manly Dam is OK at the moment. A bit of a hike for you Cypher, better make a day of it!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Menai is Maggie free as far as I know ... MTB1611 was there just recently and didn't mention anything ... then again ... he is in education so prolly want to share the experience :p

Cypher

Likes Dirt
cypher - you could always try riding at night?
It is hard to convince my friends to ride on a Saturday night. And it is getting a little hot for a XC ride with a full face helmet on :p

Well. Looks like Lucas Heights. Look out sand...here I come

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Have not run into a magpie at all in the mountains, on the street it's a bit different, on the trails...nothing, too many kooka's and cockies etc i would say?

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Hey J,

I was thinking of starting a thread like this on my ride this morning ... great minds ... and all that!

The Nasho is clear, just stay the hell away from the a certain road in Kirrawee i'm pretty sure that's their command post.

Lucas Heights is clear, but keep an eye out for Mutant Maggies out there ;)

Appin was clear on Saturday, but that might have been because there we're 200 fellow racers out there.

hochiki

Likes Bikes
I rode the Goat Farm in Perth yesterday, not a Magpie in sight. There's just the little matter of the 5 hour flight. still, with a little planning, you could do it as a day trip. How much do you hate magpies??:eek: