What Year for theses XT Hubs?

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
So a friend of mine was researching hubs, wheels, spokes etc to modify an Excell spoke calculator. He recently bought a Shimano FH - M755 hub for his Giant as the old freehub gave up.

Found it particularly difficult to locate specs and dimensions for this model hub. (Bought Discounted on CRC)

Mombat.org tells us that the hub is in fact a 2000 model. So i thought this strange and decided to check the hub on my 3 Month old 2010 model SC Blur LT and its only one model up FH - MF756 which Mombat decribes as a 2002.

So my first question is are these dates correct?

and if they are is it common place for Bike Manufacturers to use out of date parts in areas of lesser notice like hubs?

My Hubs ride great but if i bought a 2010 model bike with 2002 spec gear on it i will be dissapointed.

Nicko

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't be worried. Firstly, they're a reasonably decent hub. Secondly, that's probably the year that they commenced production. I'd be surprised if they didn't make them for a good few years after that.

floody

Wheel size expert
2000 isn't improbable, 755 hubs appeared with the 755 brakes (XT 4 pots). All shimano parts are date coded anyway, with two letters, where A is 1976 and Z is 2001, with the system restarting on A in 2002. The second letter is the month of manufacture, A being January, L being December and over again.

Last edited: