What Year Model Is This Fork

el~rio

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if someone could identify what year model this fork is. As far as I can figure it is a Fox F-32 Factory RLC 15mm Fit Kashima. I'd also be interested to know if it has internally adjustable travel as I'd like to be able to change it from it's current 120mm to 140mm. I've got more photos if they would help.

1888619_10202075557595469_9136959852242128951_n.jpg

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if someone could identify what year model this fork is. As far as I can figure it is a Fox F-32 Factory RLC 15mm Fit Kashima. I'd also be interested to know if it has internally adjustable travel as I'd like to be able to change it from it's current 120mm to 140mm. I've got more photos if they would help.
Is this a competition?

I'll guess 2012, purely because the stickers look the same as my TALAS from that year.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
adjustment is easy. just pull the uppers out of the lowers and cut them to length. if you want more travel heat them up and stretch them over a mandrel.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Is this a competition?

I'll guess 2012, purely because the stickers look the same as my TALAS from that year.
2012 doesn't have that cable guide, they have a little notch to cable tie the cable to.
Looks like 2013?

The fork however, is a Float. So non-adjustable.
You want a Talas for that, el~rio.

willsy01

Eats Squid
2012 doesn't have that cable guide, they have a little notch to cable tie the cable to.
Looks like 2013?

The fork however, is a Float. So non-adjustable.
You want a Talas for that, el~rio.
Nope......2013 would be CTD, not RLC like those ones.

Only the factory or Evolution line forks had the cable tie notch. The rest had the proper cable guide thing.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Nope......2013 would be CTD, not RLC like those ones.

Only the factory or Evolution line forks had the cable tie notch. The rest had the proper cable guide thing.
Ah, true. I didn't think about that... I tend to forget CTD took over.
Good to know about the cable guide. Oops! :)

Guess I've mostly seen the Evos.

el~rio

Likes Dirt
Thank you everyone for the quick replies! Not knowing the year model was bugging me.

So there's no way to extend the fork to 140mm?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I have an inkling that Kashima first appeared on 2012-model stuff. And with CTD being a '13 model introduction, and this being pre-CTD, that would make it a '12 fork.

As for the travel, some can be shortened via a block under the air piston (raises the top-out point basically, shortening travel), but I've never heard of anything that can be lengthened. That would require complete new shafts with the extra length.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thank you everyone for the quick replies! Not knowing the year model was bugging me.

So there's no way to extend the fork to 140mm?
No,
Fox have 3 stanchion wall thicknesses, 2 different bushing heights (for 26ers) and a few different crown and arch designs all to balance weight and stiffness, the 120 will have appropriate strength for 120mm while there is a physically possible way to do it your asking for a mouthful of dirt.

Most Fork makers don't recommend extending forks unless within intended design, eg 831s can be extended because of their design.