Whats been the best bike of your life?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Craftworks Rail HT, absolute weapon for its time!
I had Manitou Shermans up front and used to bomb the shit out of it, 1m + drops, following my mates down the downhill lines at Stromlo
they all had SC Bullits, Norco A lines, and Giant Glory's..never could afford a full on DH'r at the time but I made do..
Had a Speccy Big Hit with the 24" rear, that was a fun bike, but a total pig to pedal on the flat
Had a AM HT Transition Vagrant that I swapped with Plank for another frame, That was a great bike, had lots of fun on that girl too

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My old Titus Ti Rockstar was an absolute ripper of a bike for XC race duty, I hope the junkie that has it now appreciates as much as I did.

Pretty hard to argue it's better than my current rig...^that was really good at going uphills, wouldn't think about a downhill track on it, current one does everything well.
You were a hipster before hipsters existed.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
You were a hipster before hipsters existed.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Patient zero?

As far as I'm aware not many hipsters ride 100mm duallies, the Titus has nineteen more gears than the bikes that most bearded, inked baristas ride.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My old Titus Ti Rockstar was an absolute ripper of a bike for XC race duty, I hope the junkie that has it now appreciates as much as I did.

Pretty hard to argue it's better than my current rig...^that was really good at going uphills, wouldn't think about a downhill track on it, current one does everything well.
Ripper.

I did like my rockstar too. weird having an alu front triangle and a carbon rear, works well somehow though. I'd say my spider275 does everything short of fire trail work better than the rockstar did, but it wasn't half bad at most trail riding either. I never felt it was lacking anything at least.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Ripper.

I did like my rockstar too. weird having an alu front triangle and a carbon rear, works well somehow though. I'd say my spider275 does everything short of fire trail work better than the rockstar did, but it wasn't half bad at most trail riding either. I never felt it was lacking anything at least.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Mine was the Ti version which tbh was a total waste of time being a duallie, not that I would/could feel the difference, the spyders VPP would always handle trail work better than the Rockstars FSR. I took it down for a few early Bike Bullers and because of the one bike rule it never got of the roof of the car, the fun bike always made an appearance but at the end of the 50km races I was always wishing I was on that, and it would've been fine on Delalite... maybe not ABOM.

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Best bike would easily be my current one as there hasn't been a whole lot!

2019 Meta AM29 > 2016 Canyon Strive CF9 > '04 Sant Cruz Heckler

safreek

Craftworks Rail HT, absolute weapon for its time!
I had Manitou Shermans up front and used to bomb the shit out of it, 1m + drops, following my mates down the downhill lines at Stromlo
they all had SC Bullits, Norco A lines, and Giant Glory's..never could afford a full on DH'r at the time but I made do..
Had a Speccy Big Hit with the 24" rear, that was a fun bike, but a total pig to pedal on the flat
Had a AM HT Transition Vagrant that I swapped with Plank for another frame, That was a great bike, had lots of fun on that girl too
Them rails look sweet, would dearly love one of these frames. Any photos of yours.
This picture stolen from pinkbike but it's looking pretty sweet

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
I had a 2012 brown Trek Rumblefish that I had a lot of fun on , a great name for a bike :) , I think Trek stuffed up by not continuing with that name

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DEB3B83E-FD66-45E5-996D-30EB6E966BCB.jpeg

Best bike: dragster I got when I was 10. Freedom in a 20”. Rode it everywhere all the time - until dinner time. It got me hooked on bikes.

Finished rebuilding it a few months ago and regularly use it to cruise down to the bus stop to pick up the kids.

YES! I had several Joshua Y-Bikes, same bike but my wealthy mate had the Trek.
Such a shit suspension design but i loved it!
Ha ha. Still have my 96 y-11. Single speed and discs for light duties. It’s a shame so many Kmart bike copies (poorly) the shape.
Recently picked up a 97 Y22 for cheap to restore as well.

Last edited: