What's in a name?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Pushie Enterprises becomes Link Sports.

For some of you that may know me, you've likely seen my journey from weekend warrior, to unemployed riding hack, know it all Trail arguer, useless dirt shifter ... to post whore small business spammer ... All within these Farkin pages.

Hopefully we have also progressed from being a 'cunt Backyardy' to something of a dependable / service oriented / team of industry professionals aka Pushie Enterprises. Al, Michele, Sam, Leah, Nat, Penny, Al and Al ... Yes 3 Al's now.

Pushie as you know means Push Bike ... But it also was reference to Push runs. Slogging up trail so you could bomb down. A sad sign of the lack of legal shuttles in my neck of the woods. Doing Pushies and riding Pushies was how I met the majority of my favourite riding buddies on here, including the best business partner I could ever wish to find. Needless to say Pushie has great meaning for me.

However, being a distributor, dealing with all those foreigners ... 'Pushie' was just mind boggling lol.
I was called the pushy guy ... As in 'Demanding SOB' by more than a few of our contacts in the early days lmao.
we were often called 'Poosay' ... As in some kind of bastardised French Pussy ... So many bloody laughs came out of those initial meetings I tell ya.
Generally an early tentative question was inevitably 'WTF is a Poosay ... poosee' ? Lolololol

Domestically ... The subtle spelling difference between Pushie and Pushys just was not blatant enough. Forget the other words Enterprises vs Warehouse! Forget singular vs plural, Asian bloke vs a Whitey running respective shows ... Same same regardless for a small subset.

Hell in the dark days of 2015 ... When cash was at its tightest ... Penny (our accounts legend) and I were stressing over expenses and found that we had been paying the advertising for ' the other Mob' for over 6 months. The magazine had mistaken us for Them and being good customers we actually pay our bills on time ... Even if it wasnt our bills to pay it would seem.

Anyway no such thing as a free lunch, I was wondering why we were getting free magazines for a guy called Peter Van some such ... :) I kept those puppies.

With these experiences in mind and looking to the future, My partners and I have decided to better align our name with our business and reduce some obvious confusion ... To this end, we see our business is to provide a valuable LINK that runs from Supplier to Retailer to Consumer and vice versa.

It is with great excitement and small relief, that we move forward and actively expand on opportunities as Link Sports Pty Ltd from 20 March 2017.

Our website and B2B will refresh to www.linksports.com.au along with our emails, however Pushie will always be in our DNA and we will continue to monitor our pushie emails.

Sam and I thank all you Farkin industry peeps and riders who have gone out of your way to support our efforts. We thank our awesome staff and cool suppliers. More importantly we look forward to supporting you all as Link Sports.

With Thanks
the Poosay Guys.

Link Sports Boarding meeting - Skyline Rotorua 2017.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...eagerly awaiting the launch of your new sig block! The best of fortunes to you. Will there be a t-shirt and merchandise clearance? I'd love some stickers and wear an XL t-shirt.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
...eagerly awaiting the launch of your new sig block! The best of fortunes to you. Will there be a t-shirt and merchandise clearance? I'd love some stickers and wear an XL t-shirt.
...Like a vulture.... in at the earliest opportunity!!!!

Pushie, poosay...pusee...Link...whatever... .once you keep the pick up/drop off box outside the warehouse... handiest thing ever! Good luck with the rebrand....

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Ok so now just need to remember that "The Link" is Pushys and "Link Sports" is formerly Pushies :nod:

scblack

Leucocholic
An unfortunate matching of names for your business.

Good luck with the change.

PS, that accounts legend sounds like a great chick!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...Like a vulture.... in at the earliest opportunity!!!!

Pushie, poosay...pusee...Link...whatever... .once you keep the pick up/drop off box outside the warehouse... handiest thing ever! Good luck with the rebrand....
The early bird catches the still warm uniforms...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Pushie Enterprises becomes Link Sports.

For some of you that may know me, you've likely seen my journey from weekend warrior, to unemployed riding hack, know it all Trail arguer, useless dirt shifter ... to post whore small business spammer ... All within these Farkin pages.

Hopefully we have also progressed from being a 'cunt Backyardy' to something of a dependable / service oriented / team of industry professionals aka Pushie Enterprises. Al, Michele, Sam, Leah, Nat, Penny, Al and Al ... Yes 3 Al's now.

Pushie as you know means Push Bike ... But it also was reference to Push runs. Slogging up trail so you could bomb down. A sad sign of the lack of legal shuttles in my neck of the woods. Doing Pushies and riding Pushies was how I met the majority of my favourite riding buddies on here, including the best business partner I could ever wish to find. Needless to say Pushie has great meaning for me.

However, being a distributor, dealing with all those foreigners ... 'Pushie' was just mind boggling lol.
I was called the pushy guy ... As in 'Demanding SOB' by more than a few of our contacts in the early days lmao.
we were often called 'Poosay' ... As in some kind of bastardised French Pussy ... So many bloody laughs came out of those initial meetings I tell ya.
Generally an early tentative question was inevitably 'WTF is a Poosay ... poosee' ? Lolololol

Domestically ... The subtle spelling difference between Pushie and Pushys just was not blatant enough. Forget the other words Enterprises vs Warehouse! Forget singular vs plural, Asian bloke vs a Whitey running respective shows ... Same same regardless for a small subset.

Hell in the dark days of 2015 ... When cash was at its tightest ... Penny (our accounts legend) and I were stressing over expenses and found that we had been paying the advertising for ' the other Mob' for over 6 months. The magazine had mistaken us for Them and being good customers we actually pay our bills on time ... Even if it wasnt our bills to pay it would seem.

Anyway no such thing as a free lunch, I was wondering why we were getting free magazines for a guy called Peter Van some such ... :) I kept those puppies.

With these experiences in mind and looking to the future, My partners and I have decided to better align our name with our business and reduce some obvious confusion ... To this end, we see our business is to provide a valuable LINK that runs from Supplier to Retailer to Consumer and vice versa.

It is with great excitement and small relief, that we move forward and actively expand on opportunities as Link Sports Pty Ltd from 20 March 2017.

Our website and B2B will refresh to www.linksports.com.au along with our emails, however Pushie will always be in our DNA and we will continue to monitor our pushie emails.

Sam and I thank all you Farkin industry peeps and riders who have gone out of your way to support our efforts. We thank our awesome staff and cool suppliers. More importantly we look forward to supporting you all as Link Sports.

With Thanks
the Poosay Guys.

Link Sports Boarding meeting - Skyline Rotorua 2017.
Good luck Al.

Best you trade mark the name so some unscrupulous prick doesn't steal it. A mate had a business name that violated someone's trade mark they received AFTER he registered the company name.

Too busy phoenix-ing the old business into the new one for shipping t shirts!

stirk

Burner
You're a top bloke Al, helped me out for gratis! You need to charge people for work and stop paying other companies bills!!

All best with the new name change, nice post too by the way.

DeBloot

Feeling old
Good stuff Al
Must be better than being an acuntant
You're customer service is always A1 even for cheap demanding bastards like myself

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
You Arsehole!!!!!!!........ What am I supposed to do with the "PUSHIES!!!" tattoo on my arse. :loco:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You Arsehole!!!!!!!........ What am I supposed to do with the "PUSHIES!!!" tattoo on my arse. :loco:
Embrace an alternative lifestyle and build up your Kylie Minogue collection.
You could be a big hit in many ways at the club with that tattoo. Not that there anything wrong with that.

Willjh

Squid
Goodluck Alan, good to see that business still going I remember when you were just starting it.

I look forward to perusing the catalog!