Whats the best beer you've had & why?

cammas

Seamstress
Sorry , I’ve been bloody working and it makes my brainzzzz tired - the 2 beers that were mentioned to me were Sapporo and asahi in bottles specifically the smaller ones .
But the 500 ml cans are Japan manufactured.
The stat I read was Orion makes 65 % of the beer in Okinawa , for 3 % of the population .

I was trying to find the source on internets but my google’ fu has failed me
99% of the Asahi cans are made in Japan but any with prizes, competition or promo on it are made here in Melbourne, cans usually taste stale to me when compared to the bottles, which too are made in Melbourne.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
MAYBE in the craft breweries...

The centrifugal separators (to clarify the brew) CUB, Castlemaine Perkins, Tooheys are using, process around 30,000 litres an hour and on average these breweries have 2 machines running around the clock.

I'd hate to see the price of their commercial beers if they were using distilled water.
Yep, most will simply adjust the local water profile to suit. Secondly, each style of beer has a different profile required for best effect, meaning that the water is always treated, no matter what. I also find the story about XXXX interesting as I don't understand why that beer wouldn't have had a profile as part of its standard recipe.

The big breweries use mechanical separators instead of fining agents and temp? It's an honest question, I only know craft processes, I wouldn't have a clue how the commercial swill processes work.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yep, most will simply adjust the local water profile to suit. Secondly, each style of beer has a different profile required for best effect, meaning that the water is always treated, no matter what. I also find the story about XXXX interesting as I don't understand why that beer wouldn't have had a profile as part of its standard recipe.

The big breweries use mechanical separators instead of fining agents and temp? It's an honest question, I only know craft processes, I wouldn't have a clue how the commercial swill processes work.
Yep mechanical (centrifugal) separation, quite a few of the craft breweries are getting on board with smaller separators too.

All the big wineries use the same kind of separators (technically clarifiers, as they are only removing a solid from a liquid).

In milk factories they are separators as they are separating 2 liquids and a solid.

This old video explains them in a bit more depth.

cammas

Seamstress

They usually use both separators and fining agents, depending on what they are brewing they may just bleed off the bottom and transfer it but everywhere is slightly different.
RO is pretty common in large scale brewing and soft drinks as it keeps the water consistent
As for recipe details, the malt is usually state sourced, as well as few other factors in the brewing process, can affect the outcome of the beer, so is usually tweaked per site. So what is done at one one site may be done differently at another, to get the same consistency, each must taste the same. Some people can really pick the difference but they are usually where it’s there job to tell the difference hence why they have taste panels daily.
With the XXXX that’s unusual as most places will not let some out the door if it’s not the same profile, that can hurt a brand big time.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
To quote my fiancé when she saw an 8 grand bath at the bathroom joint “fuck it better give free blow jobs daily at that price”.
I hope you gave her the appropriate answer.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
If traditional German lagers are your thing, this is pretty good. Malty and yeasty like Weihenstephaner.

Had many a Hanoi Bia (with and without ice). A tasty drop brewed locally in Hanoi with the expertise of Carlsberg brewers.
The European golden lagers are all pervasive, and for good reason they are so refreshing in a hot climate, but still retain a bit more than our watery version here in Aus.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Can confirm the Kaiju Aftermath is absolutely lethal now. It used to taste like it was over 9% alcohol and you'd consume accordingly, but the flavour has seemingly been tweaked a bit and it now tastes like a delicious, sessionable beer. That's over 9%. Danger park ranger.