Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for the pointers lads. I've tucked into a few Special Extra Stouts of late. I tend to go for it when I have been given deso duties. It sounds counter-intuative given its moderately high alc. % but being a stout I'm actually more content sitting on one for a while than getting carried away on other brews.

I'll talk to the irishman who owns the local cellars, he'll be sure to help me out.

On a side note Stone & Wood is expanding and starting up another brewery in the local industrial estate. Have had a few of their Pale but am yet to be acquainted with their other varieties. Any opinions?

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ballast Point Brewing Co. 'Sculpin' IPA. 7.0%abv. San Diego USA.
West Coast IPA pours golden orange with a billowing uneven head. Huge sappy pine and citrus aromatics with undertones of sweet grainy malt. Delicious bitey orange and grapefruit combines with the smooth malt in a beautifully balanced IPA. Big flavour and light weight, soft carbonation. Light bitter fruity aftertaste with a hint of musk and candy sugar. Easy drinking and doesn't taste like a 7% beer, could be dangerous. An instant favorite.

OIL

Likes Dirt
Drinking this right now.. Not bad..

Beastly Words via de EyeFone using Tapatalk - TrueDat Be-Atch

Gripo

Eats Squid
Fallen in love with Cascade's "Bright Ale"....

Absolutely gorgeous citrusy beer, only to be enjoyed from a glass.

Don't drink it (or any good beer) from the stubbie. Poor it into a glass to get the full taste/smell and enjoy the beer the way it was meant to be consumed!

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
I fell in love with Granville Island Honey Lager when I was living in Vancouver. Sadly, I haven't found anyone in Australia that has any of the Granville Island range.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Mate of mine dropped by some Cavalier Pale ale last week, only 2 retailers here in Sydney but it's brewed in Brunswick.
Smooth, fruity but not too sweet. Perfect ale for a 2 or 3 while watching the footie.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Probably Chimay Blue from Belgium.
Rich and smooth, and the high alcohol content (8%?) knocks you back in your chair pretty quick. great for a chilled night in. :)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ended up taking a 6ixer home with me.

Tried a little creatures Roger as well. Maybe it was because I'd been on the full-flavoured hop thieves but the Roger was like watered down cordial.

Little Creatures Bright Ale, on the other hand is fantastic.

Had a Kosciusko recently, will make a decent summer beer as it's relatively sweet.

stirk

Burner
Trying the James Squire Copper Ale, very very nice indeed, has a big hit of bitter hoppy goodness. Only 3.4 % alc which is probably a good thing for me.