Whats the funniest thing you have found on a trail?

griff0

Squid
Engadine vs the Loftus Bindi Pickers

Another naked man incident...

Discovered last night that the single track between Engadine train station up to the fire trail is a cruising spot. I was stopped waiting for our slowest rider when i saw a guy lurking suspiciously in the bushes.

Meanwhile our fastest rider rounded a bend only to have some guy go scurrying out of the way into the bushes leaving behind his bag, water bottle and assorted personal belongings. My mate couldn't confirm the exact state of undress in the commotion but he wasn't equipped for a bush walk!

Poor b@stard, he was probably blinded by my mates Ayups and thought he was the hookup (who I assume was the guy I had seen in the bushes), only to realise at the last minute that there was a mountain bike cannonballing towards him.

Needless to say when we came back down the trail 10 minutes later all traces had disappeared.

On a serious note, anyone night riding in the Royal National Park should keep their less experienced riders close until they know the trails. It was funny for the three of us but on your own it would be a bit creepy.

shane_2Kona

Likes Dirt

Discovered last night that the single track between Engadine train station up to the fire trail is a cruising spot. I was stopped waiting for our slowest rider when i saw a guy lurking suspiciously in the bushes.

Meanwhile our fastest rider rounded a bend only to have some guy go scurrying out of the way into the bushes leaving behind his bag, water bottle and assorted personal belongings. My mate couldn't confirm the exact state of undress in the commotion but he wasn't equipped for a bush walk!

Poor b@stard, he was probably blinded by my mates Ayups and thought he was the hookup (who I assume was the guy I had seen in the bushes), only to realise at the last minute that there was a mountain bike cannonballing towards him.

Needless to say when we came back down the trail 10 minutes later all traces had disappeared.

On a serious note, anyone night riding in the Royal National Park should keep their less experienced riders close until they know the trails. It was funny for the three of us but on your own it would be a bit creepy.
omg lol. I'd be like WTF was that and ride like a machine. Its like when a mate was riding some singltrack near the kings high school and at like 8pm some random kid by himself in a kings uniform rocks up asking them where some road was. It wasn't like they were heaps near the school or any other people either, they were deep in the middle of this singletrack and no one else was around.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
found a Polaris quad bike.

looks like it had been ghostied into the bush... probably stolen since the tank is empty, the switch was left in the run position and it was in gear.

Cephas

Squid

Discovered last night that the single track between Engadine train station up to the fire trail is a cruising spot.
I've lived in the area for 30 years and never knew that...
Learn something distubing everyday.

I found 3 homeless guys living about 300m off the Uloola firetrail at waterfall. Someone had blocked off a bit of singletrack with dead branches, so I went for an explore and found cranky vagrants and a little campsite.

J

JaRedy

Far out, my list goes on...
Seen a fair bit of the assorted creatures of the winderless:
  • Red Belly's
  • Lots ( 20 within a season) of these little brown snakes (30cm long)
  • a few green tree snakes
  • Lots of toads
  • Goannas’
  • Wallabies
  • kangaroos

Seen plenty of strange things too:
  • 1 Machete
  • 2 Schraded saw's
  • Scisors
  • Lots of chunks of metal, sheet, poles, general chunks
  • A few keys
  • A toy cockroach (wtf what organisation would make a plastic toy cockroach?) Anyway I thought it was funny so I cleaned it up and it's sitting on my desk right now. The facial expression it has is priceless.
  • 3 Cars (one was a mini!)
  • Piles of fence panel wood
  • Piles of bricks
  • Table
  • My fair share of encounters with odd people.
  • A big rock
  • plenty of clothes and shoes
  • Of course condoms, who hasn't
  • Body armour nailed to a tree (Nerang)
  • Bike in a tree
  • A real greenie!
  • Computer
  • Large fan (took it apart, very fun Frisbee)
  • Large Pot of Majura, there was allot plant in it too. I picked it up and moved it a little, a week later it was gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ademb

Likes Dirt
Yeah i found out bout the queers around Loftus Soccer oval a couple of months back, had a day off and decided to hit the singletrack around that area, saw a number of dudes coming in and out of that pine tree area when i was setting up and packing up for the ride.

Someone should pass that along to the coppers, frikkan disgusting..

J

JaRedy

Yeah i found out bout the queers around Loftus Soccer oval a couple of months back,
Why can't they just use a house? The queers and the hippies. Can't imagine all these odd people that are seen are homless...

Anthing sexual in the bush would just be unimagineably uncomfortable.

fatdude

Likes Bikes
Saw a nice metre plus green tree snake yesty my brother stopped 2 metres away from it and started chatting about an old track here some where then i told him to turn around and he shit his pants thought it was a brown for a second hehe.
It was just sunning itself in the middle of the track and wasnt bothered by us at all.
Also not just riding but 4x4ing last few years seen everything from rooting people to lots of different snakes , animals , every kind of junk imaginable (truck loads of busted vaccuum cleaners around here too) got a chrome huffy we found in the scrub one day with a busted wheel fixed the rim and it rides nice :cool:.

Dumped , stripped , burned out , stolen and still driving and or getting stripped cars and 4x4's , and lately everytime we go riding there is a bush fire in the area too , normally caused by burned out stolen cars.:rolleyes:

fairy1

Banned
Two dudes 20m off a cycle path havin a gay pash, one had a pink lunch pack.

And no, I didn't throw rocks.

bogankona

Likes Dirt
I found a young couple at the bottom of the track getting a bit kinky in there car, dont worry i didnt bother knocking whilst its rocking;)

Indestructible

Likes Dirt
Some guy living in his car in the middle of the bush, he had a tarp thrown over his car so it was like a tent and he had a little campfire going to, apparently he was there for a few days aswell.

joe79

Likes Dirt
It can be scary when trying to learn the tracks around the Yarra at Ivanhoe, I took the wrong turn one day, and ended up at the dead-end of the gay beat.... condoms, lube, all the tools of the trade on the ground. So I did a youey and went the right way real quick.
haha i think every local rider has made that mistake at some point. It really looks like it's going to lead to some nice singletrack...

Fat Chilli

Likes Bikes
In the late 80's two mates and myself came across a crop of weed, there was enough to last months and months.......I have no idea whatever became of it?
honest :D