WHATS THE WORST....

whats the worst possible thing you could find at your jumps?

• Kids - ie - mummy can i ride my bicycle?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The kids Parents

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
where my jumps are now (in a vacant lot i.e private property). all the neighbours near them, either like it or dont care. 2 people in the street ride and one other person takes photos of us riding! its a good spot too coz there a street that is all downhill before them so you dont evn have to pedal really. the only thing that i have to watch out for is on the w/e because all the little shits from lacros (the oval is at the end of the lot) hang around and have tried to reck them once before. other then that its fine

Tom_405

Likes Dirt
this isn't really about jumps but i was riding on the footpath (coz there was heaps of cars on the road and it was a one way system) and i was coming up to a litle cafe on the side with tables and crap on the footpath so i slowed down and the parents and other kids let me ride through then a girl bout 5-6 ran straight across the footpath runing straight into my handle bars and nocking herself down. She started crying and i ofered to help or somthing and the mum said "why the F*&^k were u on the F*&^king footpath ur freakin punk teenager!" so i replied to that with a "sory" and under my breath fu%kin bogan loser. Then i rode off.

I hte haven motos at my jumps especialy those punk 50cc who cant jump and like to try and do burnouts on the lips.

Timmy Bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yea, ive had a similar experience to tom, was on a path, and a couple of kids were running along it, and no way to get off as there were cars closely side by side, and while riding some stress head parent started shouting "get off the foot path! get off the foot path!". but my mate just replied with "its a public foot path mate!" and then we just rode off.

hmmmm, time to sleep now....

Rik

logged out
Worst thing to find is people disrespecting the area, through leaving rubbish around, vandalising property, and other stupid acts of immaturity. Does nothing good for anyone.

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Tom_405 said:
this isn't really about jumps but i was riding on the footpath (coz there was heaps of cars on the road and it was a one way system) and i was coming up to a litle cafe on the side with tables and crap on the footpath so i slowed down and the parents and other kids let me ride through then a girl bout 5-6 ran straight across the footpath runing straight into my handle bars and nocking herself down. She started crying and i ofered to help or somthing and the mum said "why the F*&^k were u on the F*&^king footpath ur freakin punk teenager!" so i replied to that with a "sory" and under my breath fu%kin bogan loser. Then i rode off.
Ah... what the?

You were riding on the footpath in a crowded area, this puts you totally in the wrong. I can understand riding on the footpath but in that sort of situation you really should get off and walk.

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh i have been ridin on the footpath because there were too many cars on the road. and then i get told to get off the footpath-semi-reasonable request- but it happens a lot. and then when i do ride on the road, i somethimes get abuse from drivers for being on the road.

the problem is that pedestrians think they own the foot path and know one else is allowed on it. and its the same for the motorists. bikers dont get a brake untill we get onto the track. and then we cop shit from bush walkers complaining about erosion.... where the F@rk are we sposed to ride? the skate park-but what if you dont want too? this just really annoy's me. has anyone else noticed this?

P.S sorry for the hijak

Rik

logged out
hardtail free rider said:
the problem is that pedestrians think they own the foot path and know one else is allowed on it. and its the same for the motorists.
You idiot. Pedestrians think they own the footpath, BECAUSE THEY DO. Bikes should be on the road, you're legally entitled to road space, just use your head and follow the rules. If you don't have confidence to ride on the road, then don't. But don't complain about pedestrians on the footpath.

Rik

logged out
hardtail free rider said:
the problem is that pedestrians think they own the foot path and know one else is allowed on it. and its the same for the motorists.
You idiot. Pedestrians think they own the footpath, BECAUSE THEY DO. Bikes should be on the road, you're legally entitled to road space, just use your head and follow the rules. If you don't have confidence to ride on the road, then don't. But don't complain about pedestrians on the footpath.

MTB_SYCO

Likes Dirt
yeah parents are pretty bad, i was riding in a school in da arvo just doing my own thing doin some drops and wheelies onto this flat cement bit, and some lil kids were playing there net ball crap and i was like well i will ride were they arnt playing netball then some fukin wanker parent was going off at me and then was like get lost and doing that flick thing with his hand meaning get lost and so i kept waving back to him everytime he did this wave ting after about 10 times of waving back and not moving he ran at me and started chasing me round the school and to piss him off even more we all started going in dif directions all around him top piss him off. it was a good laugh

SPOON

Likes Dirt
MTB_SYCO said:
about 10 times of waving back and not moving he ran at me and started chasing me round the school and to piss him off even more we all started going in dif directions all around him top piss him off. it was a good laugh
Sweet!! that's what i've always wanted to do. Get some poof in the middle and ride around him till he gets dizzy lol! :lol:

Anyhow yea i hate kids parents and those oldies. I remember on the way to some dirt jumps we were on the trail. We had stopped for a quick drink break. Then these 3 oldies come up and start saying all this bullshit about no mountain bikes on the single track. My ass!! When we had stopped we saw at least 5 others who passed. To make it worse they said there was some sign about 100m behind stating that u'd be fined $3000 if caught. Absolute garbage, i went back to check and all it had was a picture of a dog with a dash through it. We hadn't even come from that way it was like a "Y"....we came from the right and they came from the left. What rubbish....as soon as they turned their back to continue their walk we all gave them the finger simultaneously lol.....gut reaction :wink:

Anthony!

Likes Dirt
YER TOM BESIDES U SHOULD KNOW THAT LILYDALE HAVE SOME PRETTY FREEKY PEOPLE IN IT THAT GO CRAZY AT ACCIDENTIL THINGS LIKE THAT :p

riderigid

Likes Dirt
new@mtb'ing said:
YER TOM BESIDES U SHOULD KNOW THAT LILYDALE HAVE SOME PRETTY FREEKY PEOPLE IN IT THAT GO CRAZY AT ACCIDENTIL THINGS LIKE THAT :p
AND YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS. (just in case you dont, it is just to the left of the A key)

i know what it is like to be harrassed by pedestrians though, one time at belconnen when i was just cruising to the skatepark i was on the footpath heading towards the skatepark and this guy who had to walk at leats 20m out of hgis way to be NEAR me walks over and does that thing that people do where you stick your hand in front of their face and pulls it away at the last moment. anyway, he did this, i stopped and he got shit scared. the reason people abbuse us bikers is because they think that we aren't going to stop to do anything about it but when we do the assume that we were going to (if that makes sense) it sucks donkey balls

Maffew

Likes Dirt
Evil Greenies

The worst thing I can think of are the local greenies, who come and knock down our ramps every second sunday :? . Im suprised they haven't told the council yet =/

there is an easy solution to that problem..you give him a case of beer..or two and ask if you can borrow his bobcat for his allocated time there...then build your jumps to 3 times their normal size

toodles

Wheel size expert
Flat bare ground after the bulldozers have been through...

Happened to my jump spot a few months back.

timduncan

Likes Dirt
HOLY **** you guys must have some serious secrect jump spots ..... how do you not get them found :shock: council knocking them down does suck but its always from little dudes leaving rubbish around and SKID :evil:

D

Deleted member FN2187

Timmy199 said:
the dickheads that destroy them.

Not only that but the local kids that treat them like they are sand castles and pull the lip off and put stucks all along the top :?

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
the kids theat ride the indermidiate track that can't even get halfway up the table top and spend 5 mins crying!!! oh and the parents that have a go at use for going fast and getting air! DUMBASSES THAT DIRT JUMPING FOR YA!!!!

oh and i forgot to meantion that there is a desginated(SP?) beginners track less the 10m away!!!! and thet perants that come and say go on the advanced track, when half of us can do them!!! and there is signage saying that thebeginners track is fro litle kids or for beginners, the intemidiate track for older kids that can jump and the advanceed track for pros!!!

sorry fot the hijak and rant!