wheel alignment problem

tom4231

Likes Bikes
well guys i have a gsport marmoset front hub and when i tighten the female bolts the wheel pulls to one side of the forks, i have tried tightening one side before the other and all that and i have just got new forks so they're not the problem, also when i turn the wheel around so that the tire is backwards the wheel sits straight in the middle of the forks, i don't know what the problem is so if you could help me out it would be very appreciated.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
you've got to kind of stagger your wheel tightening ?
like tighten one side a little bit, then the other a little bit, and so on untill they're tight..

pryaz

Likes Dirt
Happens sometimes to me...

It doesnt matter too much if its off skew a tad, obvioiusly you want it as straight as you can. if its hitting your fork thats a problem

tom4231

Likes Bikes
na the tyre is fine

you've got to kind of stagger your wheel tightening ?
like tighten one side a little bit, then the other a little bit, and so on untill they're tight..

I've tried that but it still seems to push the wheel to the one side when i tighten either of the bolts

pryaz

Likes Dirt
Get something to wedge into both sides of the wheel at the fork and tighten both sides at the same time?
I've never had/seen this problem so It's just something I'd try.

if all else fails, go to your LBS for them to do it/diagnose any problems there might be.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the wheel could be out of dish?
if thats the case you will need to take it to the LBS to get them to correct the dish.

patto94

Likes Dirt
I just thought of this.
Is your axle bent? And just wedge stuff between your wheel and fork on both sides and make sure that you tighten on side 90 degrees and then the other side 90 degrees and kep doing that untill it is tightend.

danshreds

Cannon Fodder
well if it sit in your forks well with the hub backwwards just put the wheel in backwards but make sure you turb the tyre around as well
and is there a gap between the cones of you hub and your forks if so youll need to put washers in there