When do you like to ride?

Cypher

Likes Dirt
I'm running a survey and census to check how much demand there is for trails and how risky they are.

My goals is to collect data that will allow various people to write to various organisations that have money and land who will build trails for us.

So far I have quite a few XC/All mountain riders who are helping with the survey. I would really like some DH/DJ/4x people to join in.

If you are interested you can check out the website here: https://sites.google.com/site/mtbcensus/project-4---rider-survey

I am also going to take up dirt jumping <cue nervous laughing>

So I can collect data myself, when is the most popular time for dirt jumping and 4x?

Cheers, Julie
mtb.census@gmail.com

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
me, personally, whenever the sun is shining, or when its cloudy, or night-time, raining, snowing... you name it... i ride it
mostly weekends, afternoons/evenings
jesse

the best time to ride park is either in the morning when all the skaters and scooter kids are still at home or in the evening. that way its nice and cool in the summer and theres not many people around

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm going to say evenings as I usually work through the day, mornings after 9 are good too. Before that I'm still too asleep.

Why does it matter?

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Why does it matter?
The times I've been there have not been many people about. If I want to count people to measure demand, then I should go at a variety of times - but also when the most people are there.

If I'm the only person there (because I turn up at the wrong times) I could come to the conclusion (in error) that DJ/DH and pump tracks are not all that necessary as it would seem to me that I am the only one using them.

So it seems to me that weekends, morning and afternoon and weekday afternoons are the times to go. Right or wrong?

sounds about right. youve got to remember most people work or are at school during the day, so avoid going during business hours of you want to meet other riders

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or ride somewhere were you know there are other rider's. there are very little, is not no riders where i live. Ive come across one person ( Geeba ) but thats it.

Any rider's that live in Laidley who know how to ride park, dirtjumps or street, shoot a PM to me please.

Spotty

Likes Dirt
I think id rather see a downhiller hitting the big hip or 8m double than somone doing trying to ride the mini quarter laidley :)rolleyes:) skatepark....

As to the question, well i ride anytime my mate is wake (he woke at 2pm today!) and its not raining. Other than that i just ride when i get the chance on weekends mainly sundays, and ocassionally after school. :D