Where are all the female riders on the Central Coast, NSW??

Theresa

Squid
Looking for some girls to ride with for a change! Either mountain or road biking (just got the roadie at xmas).

Tash

Cannon Fodder
Up for a ride

Hi, I would love to have some girls to ride with. I like cross country but I am only new to it.

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
Hey Im in Newy and can get to Central Coast easily enough. I ride XC, usually with a bunch of guys, but I have ditched them lately due to their constant complaining!! :D

Havent ridden anywhere on the coast so would be keen to try it out.

Roj

Squid
I'm new to riding and am in Newy too

Hey Im in Newy and can get to Central Coast easily enough. I ride XC, usually with a bunch of guys, but I have ditched them lately due to their constant complaining!! :D

Is there any chance we could meet up for a ride? Have no idea on places to go, and am inexperienced at riding, but fit enough.Am using a borrowed bike at the moment, just to make sure I like mtb before I splash out some cash.

Last edited:

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
Would love to catch up for a ride, but I have a broken hand at the moment :mad: car v mtb = me not happy!

Anyway, hopefully the cast comes off in 4 weeks :) so maybe we can catch up then?

I think a regular girls Newcastle ride needs to be organised! Or is there one already?:confused:

Roj

Squid
Sorry to hear that.
I will have been out and about for longer by then! I'll keep logging on here for the meantime and hopefully we can get out there soon.
What's your fav tracks that aren't too technical around here?

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
I mainly ride Glenrock unless its wet, then I go to Sugarloaf, but Im a bit scared of going out there now as I was riding home from a Sugarloaf trip when I had my accident.

Ourimbah is good too, but a bit techy.

I havent ridden Killingworth much so cant really comment.

Have fun & will catch up in a month or so.

Theresa

Squid
Hi Roj/Groovejet,
I'd be keen to join you on a ride when you want to organise one. I mainly ride at Ourimbah becuase it's my local but am definately keen to ride some new tracks so please let me know! I have ridden Killingworth once in the 12 hour and thought that was a good course.

I also joined the HMBC on their social ride a few months ago and had fun, even though I was the only girl! Hopefully there will be another one soon. Some parts were very sandy though.

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
The cast is off!! :D
Just working on strengthening up my wrist and then Ill be ready to ride!!
Maybe 2 weeks time? Mid August?

Roj

Squid
Am still trying to get out and about before joining up for a ride with you guys! Between the weather and sick kids it's been difficult!

Am trying to get to glenrock tomorrow 2/8 weather permitting if you are interested. Where's the best place to meet, approx 9am?

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
Hi Roj,
Ill be at Glenrock tomorrow (weather permitting). Its my first ride back so I will be going super slow :( Im meeting a friend at the water tanks at gun club road at 10:30(ish). So if youre around come say hello.
Ill be wearing some form of brace on my right wrist & riding a red xtc2 :D
Jody

Roj

Squid
Hi, of course it's raining when I want to plan a ride! If I'm not there by 10.30 don't wait. My son has thrown a spanner in the works too by being sick. Hopefully he will be feeling better by tomorrow.
Hope it works out.Will be good to meet you!:)

Theresa

Squid
I'll be there too (weather permitting). I have a white Trance 1, 2006 model. It's supposed to be fine tomorrow...:)

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
:DYAY! Looks like we've accidently organised a ride for tomorrow :D Hope you guys dont mind one of my male friends coming, he is really a big girls blouse so should fit in nicely heheheh

Glenrock
Tomorrow Saturday August 2nd
10:30am (there abouts, weekend time really)
Gun Club Rd near the water tanks

:)

axie

Likes Bikes
Be warned, Groovejet's "slow" will be twice as quick as the pace of her 'friend' ...

... I'll be the guy in a dress on a 2008 Trance x2.

Last edited:

Macr

Likes Dirt
Hey Groovejet and Theresa.
Glenrock will still be pretty slippery tomorrow. One suggestion I can give is when you ride lower kenny, you will cross some old coal train lines. Just after that, the track splits in two, take the trail to the right and follow it until it comes back on the left trail. Cross it and head up the single trail (ST) up to the top of the hill. You will come out between a couple of houses on scenic drive. Turn right on the road and ride about 100m until you get to the gate next to Bailey's house. Jump the fence and follow the fire trail down until you get to the BJ's surprise ST on the left. This will allow you to avoid the mess that is Bailey's paddock.
If I remember when I get home, I will post a link to the picture of a map I made.

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
Big girls blouse indeed, so much in fact you are polluting the girls only forum!

There will be punishment for that tomorrow! :D

oh & thanks Macr, I hate Baileys Bog!!

axie

Likes Bikes
Thanks for that Macr.

By the way Groovejerk, your punishment for breaking your wrist the day I get a bike is to cross Baileys Bog, twice.

Macr

Likes Dirt
I also joined the HMBC on their social ride a few months ago and had fun, even though I was the only girl! Hopefully there will be another one soon. Some parts were very sandy though.
Groovejet was going to come along until it was postponed, but I don't know what you were worried about you showed up a lot of the guys with your abilities :)