Where can you sell DH Bikes?

DanVucetic

Likes Bikes
Hi, I am fairly new to rotorburn, I used to visit farkin a heap back in the day. I'm trying to sell my bike as I have just bought a new Iron Horse Sunday.

So where are some good places where you can sell a Downhill Bike?

Cheers

Dan

Last edited:

T-Rex

Template denier
I would recommend selling it on Rotorburn. Have you asked the Mods for trading access? You have enough posts.

Second choice would be E-Bay, but only because I think you would get a better price on Rotorburn. Note I don't have any hard stats to back this up, just observation several years of buying and selling on both. Maybe it's because you have a more informed audience on Rotorburn, so they know what stuff is worth.

dj222

Likes Dirt
HHHHHHEEEEEERRRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right you can sell your bikes here on rotorburn in my opinion it is much better because you can keep in touch with potential buyers easier with p.m's (private messages) or just put down your number and it is much easier to navaigate through the site. Overall with my experiences of both websites i would say it is rotorburn hands down!!!

julie

Likes Bikes
You could always try pinkbike.com its a very popular MTB website, similar to rotorburn but bigger and for Canada and America. Alot of aussies and kiwis use it too. goodluck

dj222

Likes Dirt
yes go to the bottom of the forum page and there is a for sale section first you must ask for permission to sell your items from the guy who created the website and then once you have acces you can go into the for sale forums and do what ever you want. And although pinkbike is a great site more people in my opinion use this site than pinkbike and there are a ton more listings on here compared to pinkbike.

Jimbobatrons

Likes Bikes
Definitly another + for bike exchange. Only cost 20 bucks to whack it up (considerably more than eBay) but it has its advantages. You can track the sale and see how many people have viewed your bike and how many have clicked on it to investigate it further. Gives you a fair idea of how popular your bike sale is and whether you should bump the price down a bit or not. I have found eBay to be wayy to cheap on all occasions. People just dont seem to be willing to pay the right price on eBay compared to something like Rotorburn, BikeExchange, the trading post or even your local bike shop.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Bike Exchange, eBay, Trading Post, Farkin/RB, craigslist (watch for scammers)

I have recently had successes with eBay..... Unfortunately a lot of kiddies on Farkin/RB with $4.95 in their wallets. No it will not buy my bike. Go buy a happy meal!