Where do you draw the line....

higgin_d

Likes Dirt
A bit pissed off at the moment and I don't know if I've just got to suck it up and take it on the chin or sling some shit.

Purchased a set of Bombers off a fellow Rotorburnian, paid, confirmed receipt of money and was advised of shipping all back in January. Well, you know how it works sometimes, some shit obviously got in the way and it took some time to actually get my hands on them... I.e. 2 weeks ago. I understand things get in the way and he advised that he originally shipped to the wrong address and was returned, and although a little pissed at the lack of advice etc, i recognise the big picture... So anyway, after receiving the package, I recognised that he didn't put the axle in the package.... Damn.... Anyway I prepare myself for a bit of an arguement on its inclusion, but to his credit, he admits fault and he forgot it and has posted it to me Monday week ago. Ok, so the axle hasnt arrived, and no answers to pm's. That 10 working days whereby I would have expected 2-3. Maybe I've jumped the gun?

So I'm a little pissed that I have had to wait, and begrudgingly can't jump and down too much at this time. However based on what has transpired thus far, I have very little confidence in riding any time soon. So my questions are:-

1. At what point should should I write it off and try and source another one?
2. Should I rubbish the guy,or just shut the f#%k up and get over it as a by product of dealing with a forum purchase every now and then
3. Is there anyone that happens to have an axle no longer in use for a 2010 55 TST2 that I could maybe work out a reasonable price for.

Sorry for the snivelling bitch that this is, hope someone can help me out with one

Last edited:

tommy gun

Likes Dirt
Sellers and buyers

You know it would be great that when you buy and sell that were scored in much the same way as ebay
Tommy gun

A bit pissed off at the moment and I don't know if I've just got to suck it up and take it on the chin or sling some shit.

Purchased a set of Bombers off a fellow Rotorburnian, paid, confirmed receipt of money and was advised of shipping all back in January. Well, you know how it works sometimes, some shit obviously got in the way and it took some time to actually get my hands on them... I.e. 2 weeks ago. I understand things get in the way and he advised that he originally shipped to the wrong address and was returned, and although a little pissed at the lack of advice etc, i recognise the big picture... So anyway, after receiving the package, I recognised that he didn't put the axle in the package.... Damn.... Anyway I prepare myself for a bit of an arguement on its inclusion, but to his credit, he admits fault and he forgot it and has posted it to me Monday week ago. Ok, so the axle hasnt arrived, and no answers to pm's. That 10 working days whereby I would have expected 2-3. Maybe I've jumped the gun?

So I'm a little pissed that I have had to wait, and begrudgingly can't jump and down too much at this time. However based on what has transpired thus far, I have very little confidence in riding any time soon. So my questions are:-

1. At what point should should I write it off and try and source another one?
2. Should I rubbish the guy,or just shut the f#%k up and get over it as a by product of dealing with a forum purchase every now and then
3. Is there anyone that happens to have an axle no longer in use for a 2010 55 TST2 that I could maybe work out a reasonable price for.

Sorry for the snivelling bitch that this is, hope someone can help me out with one

driftking

Wheel size expert
You know it would be great that when you buy and sell that were scored in much the same way as ebay
Tommy gun
I do like this idea, however it does add that idea, what constitutes a certain score a 3star might be a 4 or 2 for someone else, probably not something worth it really for the mods, after all trading while is a big part of the site it isn't really its primary concern like that of ebay.
Some users will put a successful trade tally/names in there sig I think that's a good idea, it isn't subjected to a rating but it lets other see that you have had success with certain users to either promote yourself or them.

In this situation the guy seems pretty legit he obviously just made mistakes, If he has sent the item its out of his hands and it comes down to postage, there should be a tracking number though which he should have or can provide to you. 10 working days is fair enough, where is the item coming from? how was it sent? has the user been online since? the risk with this trading is that sometimes you might get burnt, I couldn't imagine the guy stubbing you off a axle though, if his not paying for shipping and he has no need for a random axle. at the same time the item is so small it wont go anywhere legally so you probably just need to find a way to get in contact with him and contact the postage, if you have his information and yours they should be able to hopefully tell you if that item is in the system.

higgin_d

Likes Dirt
In this situation the guy seems pretty legit he obviously just made mistakes, If he has sent the item its out of his hands and it comes down to postage, there should be a tracking number though which he should have or can provide to you. 10 working days is fair enough, where is the item coming from? how was it sent? has the user been online since? the risk with this trading is that sometimes you might get burnt, I couldn't imagine the guy stubbing you off a axle though, if his not paying for shipping and he has no need for a random axle. at the same time the item is so small it wont go anywhere legally so you probably just need to find a way to get in contact with him and contact the postage, if you have his information and yours they should be able to hopefully tell you if that item is in the system.
Yeah you are probably right... What the hell would he do with a random axle... I have messaged a few times, but no response, but can't see any recent posts on here either...

Would keep hoping (at this time) that it's going to make its way into my hands soon

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I do like this idea, however it does add that idea, what constitutes a certain score a 3star might be a 4 or 2 for someone else
In the profile section of members they should have a rating tab for trades.
That way you can see the feedback of a user before you commit.
When people get their product they can go and rate the seller if they like.
Use a template like in the trading section

Postage Time: Good / shit
Item as described: Yes / no
Transaction: Went smoothly / bastard stole my hard-earned
Would you recommend this trader: Heel yeah / F*ck no

Or, just understand that this is a public forum and it's full of all sorts and you just have to deal with it. Because that's just the way it rolls.

driftking

Wheel size expert
In the profile section of members they should have a rating tab for trades.
That way you can see the feedback of a user before you commit.
When people get their product they can go and rate the seller if they like.
Use a template like in the trading section

Postage Time: Good / shit
Item as described: Yes / no
Transaction: Went smoothly / bastard stole my hard-earned
Would you recommend this trader: Heel yeah / F*ck no

Or, just understand that this is a public forum and it's full of all sorts and you just have to deal with it. Because that's just the way it rolls.
Sort of like how they rate on mtbr, that system seems good, but again it brings up the issue of complexity and moderating that stuff. If it was mainly a trading site than fair enough you would expect it but as you said, public forum and its just the risk. Of course Im not a mod so I cant speak for them so its just my opinion obviously but I couldn't see them wanting to moderate or introduce something extensive that will increase their moderation time and do very little anyway. It could also hurt the trading section if someone has no reviews it can create the illusion of scam or if they get one bad review and others dont bother it than comes back that someone is a bad seller when they may not be.The Idea is good but the details that fall on to the mods probably significantly outweigh the advantage of a rating system. but M2c only :)