Where do you get your Ti stem bolts?

udi

swiss cheese
I've never had a problem with ebay ones before, but decided I should probably think twice before putting them in my stem.

However the probolt ones are stupidly expensive and it'd be wasteful if they're actually the same thing.

Is there an in-between option where I can be sure they're of good quality / what they claim to be without spending a fortune?

whodesigns

Likes Bikes
Use quality steel bolts for the stem or any other critical application. Ti ones often fail. Even on an a aircraft trying to save weight they are steel where required.
Besides on 2 or 4 M5 x 20 bolts the weight difference is only couple of grams, if worried about corrosion lube them with boesheild t9.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Never had a Ti bolt fail, and have been used from dh bikes to xc, slalom, bmx.. etc etc

But i don't buy them for the weight.. more because they are often much better machined.
Most steel ones i just don't find to be quiet the same quality. Nothing wrong with them at all.. just a personal preference.

udi

swiss cheese
Yeah there's definitely nothing wrong with using Ti, I've used the same M6 Ti bolts in my DM stem for 8 years now (over multiple frames and forks) without fault.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
What size ones?
888s came with Ti bolts in crowns didn't they? guessing their quality would be okay if you can source them easy.
Do Probolt do cheaper bulk deals? Like you I'd probably keep them for the next decade so would be worth buying two stems worth.