Where in Sydney will install a 1.5" crown race?

afie

Squid
I don't have the tools to install a 1.5" crown race and willing to go anywhere in Sydney to get one installed. I am in the City/Inner West area and Cheeky Monkey (Newtown) and Stanmore Cycles say they dont have the tools.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

0psi

Eats Squid
Pretty sure any of the Clarence street shops (Giant, Clarence st. or Jet Cycles) would be able to do it.

moorey

call me Mia
I don't have the tools to install a 1.5" crown race and willing to go anywhere in Sydney to get one installed. I am in the City/Inner West area and Cheeky Monkey (Newtown) and Stanmore Cycles say they dont have the tools.

15 years of a block of wood and a hammer have never failed me.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
Wouldn't fitting the 1.5" be the same as the tapered 1 1/8-1.5"? bottom bearing is the same size - you'd think they'd have got the tooling in by now.
I remember the bike shop had to jig something up to fit the race on my 36ers but managed it fine. Trek at Rouse Hill did mine.
Sorry, no help if you're not out west.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Block of wood and a hammer does the job.

Your question really should be who cant install a 1.5" crown race. It will be a much shorter list!

Any LBS can do it!

Chrispy

Likes Bikes
xBruceyy - he said install, that tool would take it off.....I've got a park press in the east if you wanna bring it here, but was a happy basher for years too....