Where the trail ends...

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Aewsome movie

What a movie! Damn I wish I had a helicopter, and endless resources, etc...

Screw the mansion, sports car, bimbo wife, etc - I'd do that forever...

morticus

Likes Dirt
Haha, i watched it live while at work... the joys of having 2 screens. Those guys are sending some huge stuff, that step down flip was insane!

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
can i say i wasnt that impressed....

the music was terrible, nearly put me to sleep like 4 times... and the riding didnt even excite me that much

after the movie i chucked on 'from the inside out' to get me re-amped for riding on the weekend

morticus

Likes Dirt
I suppose its completely different riding. Bike parks and groomed trails compared to Pioneering free ride. I love watching the bike park stuff too, but some of the stuff they were riding is insane. I suppose a lot more mutual respect compared to stoke.

Sic

Likes Dirt
The riding on display was great but all the places they chose to ride were exactly the same as where they left.

What was the point in travelling all over the globe to find something new because you're bored with Utah if all the stuff you find to ride looks just like Utah?

harrisonball

Likes Bikes
The riding was completely different in all of the places they travelled to. As they mentioned the Dirt is so different and hard to get use to, awesome lines, and a new atmosphere.

They really do take free-riding to another level. It's not all about racing and whos the fastest. Huge respect to these guys!

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah sure the Dirt is different but that doesnt effect the viewer much does it?

I didnt think the riding was that different from location to location to be honest, still great riding though.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Great skill and much respect but the scale and ascents didn't come across on the screen. A little boring after the halfway point.

Great skill and much respect but the scale and ascents didn't come across on the screen. A little boring after the halfway point.
I am very new to the scene, but have a background in bmx snowboarding and DH skating, and must say that I am blown away with this film, please post a link to this better riding that you are talking of, cause I am keen as a mother fucker to see it. Soooo stoked after watching this about 5 times already.

troubledutchy

Likes Bikes
I am very new to the scene, but have a background in bmx snowboarding and DH skating, and must say that I am blown away with this film, please post a link to this better riding that you are talking of, cause I am keen as a mother fucker to see it. Soooo stoked after watching this about 5 times already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfMQdFGTKAs

Want to watch the best riders in the world? follow the world cup...

Different style of riding sure, but at least they ride some different terrain.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfMQdFGTKAs

Want to watch the best riders in the world? follow the world cup...

Different style of riding sure, but at least they ride some different terrain.
Nothing like the old "our camp is better than your camp" shit. the irony is that if you actually talk to a lot of the WC riders they will tell you how incredibly bored they get riding the same crap track after track. Very few tracks are that different with only a few standouts amongst them and even they are being groomed out of being technical.

Coming from a surfing and skiing background I liked the film for the same reasons I liked Endless Summer and Warren Miller flicks. The riding is good but often not spectacular because really given the constraints of how the films are put together it is difficult to make it spectacular without cheating and losing the discovery element.

The problem I have with a lot of the whinges I read on Pinkbike yesterday is that half of them came from jumped up little shits who have never discovered (or tried to discover) a new trail in their lives. They expect good locations to be handed to them on a platter and expect the pro riders they get hard-ons for to throw down every time they ride because that is what they see in the movies. I loved the bit where they showed the pros copping a beat down as at least it was honest. Hats off to these guys for opening up at least a few minds out there to new locations - as just like surfing and skiing this has got to be the essence of our sport.

I'll climb down off the soap box now...

.dan.

Likes Dirt
I don't see how anyone could have got bored. Easily the best mtb film i've seen yet. It was a good change from the usual sorts of movies we see filmed in bike parks and your regualr dh/fr trail. Also no dirt jumping to get me bored was a plus. Most of the music was decent aswell, it complimented the atmosphere they were trying to create, usually when watching the majority of mtb video/movie I feel like muting the speakers but not with Where The Trail Ends. I will definately be buying this one on blu-ray.

met63

Likes Dirt
Nothing like the old "our camp is better than your camp" shit. the irony is that if you actually talk to a lot of the WC riders they will tell you how incredibly bored they get riding the same crap track after track. Very few tracks are that different with only a few standouts amongst them and even they are being groomed out of being technical.

Coming from a surfing and skiing background I liked the film for the same reasons I liked Endless Summer and Warren Miller flicks. The riding is good but often not spectacular because really given the constraints of how the films are put together it is difficult to make it spectacular without cheating and losing the discovery element.

The problem I have with a lot of the whinges I read on Pinkbike yesterday is that half of them came from jumped up little shits who have never discovered (or tried to discover) a new trail in their lives. They expect good locations to be handed to them on a platter and expect the pro riders they get hard-ons for to throw down every time they ride because that is what they see in the movies. I loved the bit where they showed the pros copping a beat down as at least it was honest. Hats off to these guys for opening up at least a few minds out there to new locations - as just like surfing and skiing this has got to be the essence of our sport.

I'll climb down off the soap box now...

you hit the nail on the head there. Warren Miller for me still is one of the best guys for capturing the raw elements of an evironment when someone is out trying to explore it in its rawest form. this movie for me is exactly the same. its hard to capture how rediculous some of the stuff is that these guys ride just by filming it and putting some music in the background. would love to see half the guys on those forums get out there and not sh** themselves before descending a hill like the ones in this film. ups to you my friend. good perspective.