Where to find the cheapest ti bolts?

hosssbosss

Likes Dirt
I'm on the hunt for some bargain bike bling in the way of some titanium bolts. I've been having a look around, and ebay has quite a few to choose from. Have any of you guys and gals found a particularly good source of cheap ti fasteners for your rides?

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
I've changed almost every bolt on my bike to Ti and I've purchased them from a number of sources in the US and UK. The quality can vary from Chinese made crap to excellent product made in Taiwan, the US & UK. I don't buy from ebay or any company that gives me the slightest hint that their bolts are made in China. I've mainly purchased from mtbti.com (California, USA) and chainreactioncycles.com (UK). These companies have quality bolts at what I call reasonable prices. Another source is torontocycles.com (Canada).

0psi

Eats Squid
Alloy is the answer!! Well for non-load bearing things anyway, Bottle cages, headset top cap bolt, brake lever and shifter clamps, etc. . Cheaper and generally lighter than Ti, just don't go using them on things like your stem, seatpost, brake calipers, etc. .

I've got a few little bits and pieces off ebay but they've only been to use in places where you'd feel comfortable using an alloy bolt. I wouldn't trust an ebay bolt to hold my stem together.

If you want to get super bling you can always go for Carbon bolts. At $40 a pop you may need to sell a kidney but they are pretty cool.

hosssbosss

Likes Dirt
Awesome info, thanks guys! Yeah, I've got a few ally bolts that I use for certain parts, but was after some ti ones for the stressed applications...