Where to get coloured parts.

Benny.

Likes Bikes
Well im thinking of getting my demo painted white, and i want to put gold parts on it. But i dont know what and where i can get them from, so can anyone help me please?

Thanks
Ben

driftking

Wheel size expert
Please stop posting pointless threads. I did it too when I was a junior member, got a infraction for it and looking back on those threads now I realise how pointless they were.

1.All this information can be found on the web, checkout manufacturers websites and bike store sites they will have the parts and colours available.
2.You have not yet got the bike painted and you are still thinking about it so this thread might not even be necessary at all if you dont get it painted.
3.As I mentioned in your other thread dont buy for colour, buy for performance first than if it comes in the colour you want than get it, if not choose another colour. It also apears you are new to dh and still a kid and this is going to be expensive if you are doing it just for looks.

Not try to have a go, but these threads may not be necessary. Also if you have not read the rules, I would suggest you do it.

Benny.

Likes Bikes
wow im sorry, im just trying to find out what i want to know...thats what these forums are here for. And just because im a kid does not mean i cant do this. I dont like it when adults tell you you cant do something because you are a kid or it will cost to much. I see this on other forums aswell, not for bikes but for reptiles. Im not having a go, but i am allowed to do my bike up the way i want it and thats why i want to know where i can get the parts so thank you for telling me where i can look, now i will go look.

Ben

driftking

Wheel size expert
The reason I brought up been a kid is not to say you cant do something it is more the money side of things. It is expensive to do the things you are looking at doing and as a kid you can spend your money in a better place. Its more the fact that generally money is not as easy to come by for a kid hence your not working a fulltime job so when you do have money like this to spend, I wouldnt bother spending it on just looks. I would keep it or look at areas you can upgrade the bike performance. If you want to change the colour of your bike than go ahead but this is a forum where opinions are put across and my opinion is its not worth the cash.

Also the forum is for getting information true, but it is not for been lazy or a replacement for your own research. You need to do your own looking and research before you post here asking. Basics things that can be found on the interenet or with a little effort on the users part need to be done first, this includes seraching RB for information before adding a new thread.

Last edited:

nismo

Likes Dirt
The reason I brought up been a kid is not to say you cant do something it is more the money side of things. It is expensive to do the things you are looking at doing and as a kid you can spend your money in a better place. Its more the fact that generally money is not as easy to come by for a kid hence your not working a fulltime job so when you do have money like this to spend, I wouldnt both spending it on just looks. I would keep it or look at areas you can upgrade the bike performance. If you want to change the colour of your bike than go ahead but this is a forum where opinions are put across and my opinion is its not worth the cash.

Also the forum is for getting information true, but it is not for been lazy or a replacement for your own research. You need to do your own looking and research before you post here asking. Basics things that can be found on the interenet or with a little effort on the users part need to be done first, this includes seraching RB for information before adding a new thread.
Why doesnt this forum have a 'tool of the week' award? Surely driftking has identified himself as a potential canditate.:clap2:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Why doesnt this forum have a 'tool of the week' award? Surely driftking has identified himself as a potential canditate.:clap2:
Oh great, school holidays again. I wouldn't be so quick to diss one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members on these forums. And for what it's worth, I completely agree with DK's opinion: it seems totally pointless to prioritise how a bike looks over how it performs. If the OP spent half as much $$ on upgrading parts on his bike for performance rather than aesthetics he would have something equivalent to WC racing spec.

Benny.

Likes Bikes
If the OP spent half as much $$ on upgrading parts on his bike for performance rather than aesthetics he would have something equivalent to WC racing spec.
Yes, but if i have a bike that good, im not good enough to ride it as it shuold be ridden. There isnt much point getting a better bike/parts if its not going to be used to its full potential. So thanks everyone for sharing your oppinion, but i just want to know where to get the parts.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, but if i have a bike that good, im not good enough to ride it as it shuold be ridden. There isnt much point getting a better bike/parts if its not going to be used to its full potential. So thanks everyone for sharing your oppinion, but i just want to know where to get the parts.
Buy from CRC or even the sale section on here.

one must ask, what do you currently have on the bike? could we get a spec list?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Do it yourself . When i change my link bearings next week i am going to paint my link anodised red . Why ? We all like to have a bit of a custom look , even though it does nothing for our riding abilities . We all want to stand out . Thats what bling is for . We spend enough on these bikes so why not make them what we want . A few years back i built 2 race BMX`S and as they were going to be the last race bikes i built why not lash out and bling for the sake of bling ! A lot can be achieved with paint and knowhow . Don`t know how ? Buy some cheap shit paint and practice on a board till you are confident enough . Look forward to seeing your bling ! Its an individuual statement !

driftking

Wheel size expert
Im not going to bite on this one as its not even worth the time.
However my information was fairly spot on and im sure many user's would agree with my opinion.

Oh great, school holidays again. I wouldn't be so quick to diss one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members on these forums. And for what it's worth, I completely agree with DK's opinion: it seems totally pointless to prioritise how a bike looks over how it performs. If the OP spent half as much $$ on upgrading parts on his bike for performance rather than aesthetics he would have something equivalent to WC racing spec.
Cheers robhely.

School holidays,Time to start replying to threads with some worth. :)

Unfortunately when some people get opinions on here that they dont like or disagree with, they get angry rather than taking it on board and considering what others think.

Last edited:

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
Yes you are right about it being school holidays DH, which will also mean that there are kids out there looking for information about the sport that we all love. If they decide to crap in their own nest then the admins will sort them out. If you react to their taunts then that makes you no older then them. Answer their question, if you want to and then move on. If they don't want to accept your opinion then so be it, let them justify why it is incorrect but also be prepared to justify your own point of view. Some kids need a little more help/guidance than others and some need a slap across the back of the head with a good old wake up to yourself and I also know of a lot of adults that fit this bill also. If a post is unreasonable, ignore it and move on. Posting negative comments and reacting only keeps the thread live. Ignore it and it will go away. If a poster is indeed abusing the system, report them and don't perpetuate what is clearly a baited line looking for a big fish.

Back to the op question, check out places like Ebay and online retailers and do a search for what component you are looking for. Google searches can also be useful. A lot of LBS have bling bits also so it is worthwhile going there and checking them out too.

Hope this helps.

WannabeDH'r

Likes Bikes
Make sure you know exactly which parts you want to be coloured. It'll make the parts you want easier to find (obviously). online retailers are a good place to find what you're looking for. A good bet (and yes its been mentioned before) is Chain Reaction Cycles. You should find something you like on there. Other than that, just hunt around on the web. I'd recommend doing a bit of homework on the parts you're looking at, make sure they're good quality. If its something like bars, then you might want to check lengths etc to make sure its exactly what you want.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Send me a pic of you crying at the state of your bling new bike after you do a few shuttles

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yes you are right about it being school holidays DH, which will also mean that there are kids out there looking for information about the sport that we all love. If they decide to crap in their own nest then the admins will sort them out. If you react to their taunts then that makes you no older then them. Answer their question, if you want to and then move on. If they don't want to accept your opinion then so be it, let them justify why it is incorrect but also be prepared to justify your own point of view. Some kids need a little more help/guidance than others and some need a slap across the back of the head with a good old wake up to yourself and I also know of a lot of adults that fit this bill also. If a post is unreasonable, ignore it and move on. Posting negative comments and reacting only keeps the thread live. Ignore it and it will go away. If a poster is indeed abusing the system, report them and don't perpetuate what is clearly a baited line looking for a big fish.

Back to the op question, check out places like Ebay and online retailers and do a search for what component you are looking for. Google searches can also be useful. A lot of LBS have bling bits also so it is worthwhile going there and checking them out too.

Hope this helps.
I realise this may or may not be directed at me however I feel I should weigh in to this.
My first post on the thread did point towards manufacturers and bike shop websites. I then elaborated to why the thread might not be necessary. I understand this is a Mods job and I should have just stayed out of that side of things. I wont be biting to any of the comments made previously in the thread. I could have been more reasonable in terms of getting the point across although I guess not been the first 'questionable thread' by the OP I started with a fairly forward statement.
I do apologise to the OP if I came off harsh, but a simple following of the sites rule could have avoided the need for the thread.I know I posted alot of crap when I was a junior member and I am thankful I got a infraction, it deffinatly kicked my posts into shape on the forum. If junior members can learn when a thread is necessary without the need for infractions or abuse towards them, it will avoid further pointless threads while helping them get the most out of the site. Some of my posts I need to take a step back and just answer the question without adding an opinion at times unless asked by the OP. But it is hard to watch someone potentially make a poor decision and not have a say on the matter.

I completely stand by my previous post's that the money should and could be used elsewhere. From previous threads you can gather a few things. The OP has very little knowledge of bikes (They stated themselves) so the parts brought may or may not be the best or suitable. Now in terms of painting striping and installing themselve's is probably out of the question. For the full frame spray that is been looked at striping/painting/building/postage you would be looking at around $500 minimum I would say. Than to look for colour coded parts this could be a big budget say the OP is planning on spending $1000 to get the bike to look good. That is alot of money for anyone, kid or adult to spend on the look with no regards to how it will end up performing. If this is the decision of the OP than good luck with getting it sorted and I will be interested to see it in post your ride once it is done.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Ebay.
KCNC.

Bolts, jockey wheels, headset caps, stems, seatposts, blah blah blah. All ano. Any colour you like.
Cheap.
Yes, but I think he wants them to be made out of gold rather than just gold coloured.

By the way OP, you do realise that if you're hitting the trails with this kind of bling people will probably laugh at you unless you're a shit hot rider. You shouldn't care what people think, but this is another factor in the equation.

Benny.

Likes Bikes
Yea everyone thanks for reminding menu am a kid. Just sonyou know, I wasn't planing on going out and dong this all at once. I was going to take my time, get the frame
Done and go from there. Last time I checked I am allowed to have the bike the way I want it to be, not like some People telling me that it would be a waste to do it. And I'd like to thank everyone who has pled me help, I relly appreciate it.

I posted this thread because indidnt knownof any places. Yes I could have googled it, but that shows everything, and I can't tell what's a shit site from amgood one.

Now for the person tHat told me to take a pick of my bike after imdo a few runs, no I won't. Even if this was a brand new demo it would still be sad if I scratched it, but you wouldn't tell mento go take anphoto then would you? No. So why the need here?

And above, honestlymi don't care if I'm a bad rider with a blingd bike. I really couldn't care if they laugh at me, I ride because it's fun, even if I'm going slow, to merit feels like I'm flying
Down themhill and havin the time of my life. So once again incould not care if someone went screaming past me laughing I'd be having fun on the bike I love so what's the matter heyy.