Where to ride in Adelaide

Seabass

Likes Bikes
I'm coming down to Adelaide in a couple weeks and bringing my bike with me.can anyone recommend some good trails.
Cheers

Fish90

Likes Dirt
If your in the heart of adelaide there's Eagle MTB park, craigburn farm, fox creek, lynton trails all within 20/30 mins of the city and all have a good variety of riding!

Seabass

Likes Bikes
Where abouts are you staying? What sort of trails do u like riding??
Staying around port Adelaide area . I will have the car with me so don't mind driving.I like all mountain style tracks mainly pointing down with a few rocks and obstacles on them.saying that I don't mind XC riding as long as it's a fun course. I've been passed eagle on the hill before looks to be well sign posted

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Staying around port Adelaide area . I will have the car with me so don't mind driving.I like all mountain style tracks mainly pointing down with a few rocks and obstacles on them.saying that I don't mind XC riding as long as it's a fun course. I've been passed eagle on the hill before looks to be well sign posted
Fox Creek is about 50 mins from PA and our best all round riding, down hill, AM, XC. Bring your climbing legs....
I guess there would now be about 50-70km of trails?

Fish90

Likes Dirt
Fox Creek is about 50 mins from PA and our best all round riding, down hill, AM, XC. Bring your climbing legs....
I guess there would now be about 50-70km of trails?
Fox creek is probably my favourite set of trails, so flowy and fun! Easy to get to and amazing scenery

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Drive to Beaumont reserve, ride trail up to Eagle on Hill, turn right down to Eagle park, do a couple of laps and return. It will be a good ride. Chambers Gully to Mt Lofty and return is also good. FC is a more varied, good fun. If you are here for a while a few of us ride on Wed evening. Join us. There are other groups riding other days. I'm sure others will also offer to act as guides. Your legs will get a work out.

Seabass

Likes Bikes
Just watched some vt's of the trails at fox creek looks fun.just a short visit this time will be riding on a Friday day time. I did half of the epic at buller last week I best rest my legs.thanks for the advice guys.i might see you on the trails

frank_n

Likes Dirt
I rode FC with a few of the DH/AM crew 2 days ago. Great uphill along Middle Earth. All over various tracks, Finished after 2.5hrs, then into city for Burritos.

gregp

Likes Dirt
If your in the heart of adelaide there's Eagle MTB park, craigburn farm, fox creek, lynton trails all within 20/30 mins of the city and all have a good variety of riding!
I rode FC with a few of the DH/AM crew 2 days ago. Great uphill along Middle Earth. All over various tracks, Finished after 2.5hrs, then into city for Burritos.
Hey guys, how would you choreograph say a 2-3hr visit to Fox Creek on a trail bike? I had a look at the map, a bit hard to tell where to start and where to end...

Took my lightweight DH rig to Adel on my last trip there and did the FC DH tracks and loved it. The soil is amazing (looks like terra rossa, not an expert, but seeing all the wineries around prob a safe bet) and tracks are well designed. I think Green Smoothie was still under construction at the time.

Fish90

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, how would you choreograph say a 2-3hr visit to Fox Creek on a trail bike? I had a look at the map, a bit hard to tell where to start and where to end...

Took my lightweight DH rig to Adel on my last trip there and did the FC DH tracks and loved it. The soil is amazing (looks like terra rossa, not an expert, but seeing all the wineries around prob a safe bet) and tracks are well designed. I think Green Smoothie was still under construction at the time.
I'd park at the bottom (fox creek road car park) head up middle earth to the top (or up the guts on the fire road) then choose either green smoothie, duck and weave or fox fast, back down to the bottom! Have a rest for 5 minutes and repeat

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Id agree beginning at the bottom. If on a Reign and you are fit you're ok. On a Glory, get a shuttle to to the top.
Post on FB/RB If you are coming here. Many ppl will be riding

frank_n

Likes Dirt
I'd park at the bottom (fox creek road car park) head up middle earth to the top (or up the guts on the fire road) then choose either green smoothie, duck and weave or fox fast, back down to the bottom! Have a rest for 5 minutes and repeat
I just looked over the trail map (didn't know it existed) and this is what I did with the guys in ~2.5hrs
Start at bottom Car Park, up Middle Earth, then rode Dirty Little Secrets and Ant Logic, then Point of Knoll Return, then Fox Fast onto Green Smoothies and back to CP. There might have been one other trail in there as well but I'm not sure.