Where's WA Freeride gone?

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I came back from 3 weeks away to find WA Freeride had it's biannual "this account has been suspended" page up & now it's gone completely.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey man, justin and dave had no notice at all the site was gonna go down, apparently it just went without them receiving an invoice or anything..they were gonna try find out from the supplier but it looks like theyve had no luck and its gone :(
bad news

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
According to my spies it is still registered to Justin & doesn't expire until 24th July so they have time to move it to another hosting service if they want to continue to maintain it.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A few weeks back or so I submitted a registration and all but never heard anything back, so kept checking the site now and then and recently I noticed it was gone as well.
Figured it must be one of the reasons my membership was never enabled.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I'm planning on applying for a dynamic DNS name so I can run my own server behind my own firewall on a standard ADSL package but I wouldn't be able to host a public server as it isn't on all the time.

I've done a lot of playing with open source CMS packages recently & have considered registering a domain for myself but the hosting packages in Australia are very expensive & hosting in the US can be unreliable.

koo

Likes Bikes
that site use to be good, when everyone would go for group street rides. but last couple years it went to the shit

Adi

It's my birthday!
Would be good to see that website back up & catch up with the oldies and new people!

I miss going for street rides!

From what I have seen here on Farkin the WA scene seems to be pretty quiet at the moment?

cvbass

Likes Dirt
Would be good to see that website back up & catch up with the oldies and new people!

From what I have seen here on Farkin the WA scene seems to be pretty quiet at the moment?
Not our crew, We ride every weekend
PM if you wanna come riding sometime (only DH)

TheBofh

Likes Dirt

It's very cliquey though so rides don't get posted up.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
It's pretty hard to get Perth riders to use forums, here & Perth MTB are pretty dead & WA Freeride got pretty bad in the end. More forums aren't really the answer, it's getting people to use them & post up about group rides & stuff. There used to be a lot of street rides on WA Freeride but most of the old crew disappeared & only DH'ers stayed & they can be quite secular at times.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I tried to register but it said there was an email error
We just had a hiccup with the email activations, the dns was still settling down, but it's working now. I've activated any accounts that have just been created.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i really dont see why everyone cares its gone so much, barely anyone except a small group of us used to to organize rides which only we went to, everyone else there was just posting shit