Which Alloy Enduro/Trail 27.5 Bike for around $4k

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
alright so narrowed it down to, in order of preference -

Canyon Spectral AL6.0 - absolutely perfect but have to wait until end of October.
YT Jeffsy - Looks good but is a little under specc'd for $4k + shipping and building.
Norco Sight - under specc'd though a good price at $3500 allowing for upgrades to brake and shock.
i’d b going canyon but oct is long away, i’d b on izzy if YT & optic if norco..others too much travel

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is some screaming deals on Giant's at present, I haven't read the thread to see if they are blacklisted?

nathanm

Eats Squid
There is some screaming deals on Giant's at present, I haven't read the thread to see if they are blacklisted?
Yeah mate actually work for a Tassie giant dealer. Asked him and as they have just a few left and selling so quickly his mates rates was 0 discount. Yep his boss said pay retail or gfys.
Yet another reason I won't buy giant.

Xenorg

Cannon Fodder
Have a look at the Trek Remedy 8. Fantastic bike and good solid specs. I have the 2019 model (RRP was $4000 in 2019!) which is pretty much exactly the same as 2020 model and over the last 18months the bike has been flawless. SRAM GX works well. The Bontrager dropper, while I thought would be a lowlight of the spec, is extremely easy to keep running smoothly and service. Front and rear shocks are a highlight. Only down side is the Guide R brakes. They are fine for most riding but long fast downhills tend to overwhelm them a bit.
A Canyon Spectral AL6 is going to cost you around $4400 shipped to Australia. The Remedy 8 currently retails at $5000 but you should be able to get it from a local Trek dealer for around $4500-4600 walk out the door.
I picked up a 2020 remedy 8 new for $3750 last month from my local bike shop. I'm getting back into mtb after a few years away from the sport, but I'm loving the remedy so far.