Which bike shop in Canberra is best for the girls?

Rambler

Likes Dirt
My wife has recently got into MTB. We are after some shoes and clothing for her. Has anyone got any suggestions what is the best bike shop in Canberra that caters to the ladies in regards to customer service, womens range and value.

parker93

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Although I'm not a female, try Onya Bike in Civic - Claire Whiteman works there and she's very knowledgeable. Also, her being female, my guess is she would understand what you need more then the equivalent male!

DemonsMoose

Cannon Fodder
RideShop

I have had a few dealings with The Rideshop and have found them to be quite knowledgeable and helpful with a decent range of both men and womens gear and one of the owners I think is a female. ( So one would think she would have an idea.)

Amber

Likes Bikes
Not that I live in Canberra, but having been to Onya Bike in Civic, I was amazed with what they had on offer for women and it was better than any store that I have found here in Melbourne.

rubikat

Likes Dirt
Canberra is spolit for choice in terms of bike shops and representation of females in the industry and personally every woman i have met/worked with seems to be empathetic towards women as well as knowledgeable on bikes etc.

While personal recommendations area great you may also want to consider:
a. what kind of bike (type/model)
b. how much do you want to spend
c. what does your wife think?
What suits me does not suit my partner.
I like people/places/things he doesn't and service varies and she needs to feel comfortable with the entire process. (you can lead a horse to water....)
Let her lead the conversation and let the sales person engage with her - often less cycling savvy spouses can sit in the background.

I know which stores I like and which i don't, the same applies with bikes and it is all about the 'vibe'.

Shop around, take it all in and pick the best bike for her.

Goodluck and happy trails.